My mom died.

by noni1974 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Hello, noni. I don't remember you, but I rarely post anymore either. I offer my sympathies.

When my mother died, several years ago, I felt similarly to you. We had had a not-so-warm relationship. Strangely, after she died, I saw her in a dream. In the dream, she was young and beautiful and was wearing a white robe and was glowing. I was fascinated because I knew she was dead. She then turned to the wall, put her forehead against her raised forearm, and cried and cried. It was a very vivid dream, and I can't forget it. In the dream, I started walking toward her to ask what she was so upset about, and I then woke up without getting to talk to her. Somehow, I think she was really there, and really sorry about our almost constant conflict.

I felt very sorry about the queen's death, too, but, after all, she was 96 years old. I considered her a gracious and humble person, given that she had such a privileged life.

Best wishes.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Hiya Noni.

Not sure if I posted condolences on your FB, but I get the whole mixed feelings in this situation. Hope you are OK. Protect your emotions and surround yourself with good people.

I hear about old JWs from my past that have died. While sad, it has been 15 years at least since I have been in contact with 99.97% of them. Call me callous, but I never shed a tear for any of them.

The cult is destructive, and when my nearly 79 year old JW mom dies, I will probably shed tears. I will visit her 12 hours away next month. But I told her, you ever try cutting me off, NEVER come back to me, even as an ex-JW. She understood. Snakes don't play.

Take care fellow werewolfer.

Snakes (Rich )

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi ,Noni ,my condolences to you .I don`t recall I had that much emotion when my mother died but I feel I did when my father died .

They were never involved in the cult of JW`s, I was .

They were good loving parents and my mother doted on me ,I feel like I was the bastard son that didn`t respect that .and have felt guilt ever since.

July 5 is my birthdate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit