How get out of watchtower?

by Hellothere 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Why in the world would you want to talk to people that do not want to talk to you even if it is family.

Perhaps because you love your family even though they are shunning you because you have disassociated yourself in good faith from the organization.

BTW, there are no scriptural grounds for shunning non-JWs or non-Christians.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Perhaps because you love your family.

I understand.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I wrote a letter detailing my research as to how I knew JW weren't God's organization on earth. I wanted to send a message. I thought of just fading...but I knew my "friend" would be "concerned" about my being spiritually sick. I didn't want to play the game of agreeing with that pioneer when they were expressing concerns over studies, etc. I only had that one person to loose as the rest of the congregation had very little to do with me even before the lock downs... One needs to count the cost and decide to fade. I really thought to fade at first, but I felt dishonest. Youtube channel exjw critical thinker has some pretty good videos about fading, etc. They may help you determine the best course for yourself.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

IMHO if you do send a DA letter to the congregation or to HQ they will dishonestly imply that you hate the people in the congregations that are JW`s as well as the organization.

So just be aware that maybe the case , otherwise just fade and be non committal whenever anyone asks you why aren`t you going to meetings anymore .

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I am on board with the consensus of "fading' away.

That is if you have family in the Borg. It's probably the least painful and traumatic way of leaving the Borg. But,,,I'm probably just generalizing.

'fading'....might work. I know that the congregations will assign 'faders' to a so-called 'service group' with some elder assigned to check on (or police) the group.

Going cold-turkey and outright disassociating is a clean break, But others have said, ,,,and I agree you have to count and consider family involved in the Borg.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you want to make it easier on your JW mother/family to associate with you, it is better NOT to do a formal disassociation. Just "fade into the sunset". Say you are stumbled, or depressed, or busy. Just STFU and ignore any attempts to encourage you or to have a discussion with you. (It bugs the hell outta them!)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HELLOTHERE:

Just stop going.

At the time I just wanted Out with no drama so that’s what I did. Good Luck on your journey!

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

You will carry your burden on your own as you decide. Fading or disassociation is yours to decide. They updated their policies to state it is not necessary you write. Your words is enough.

A Christian man is a free lord over everything and subject to no one. He then followed this up by saying: A Christian man is an obedient servant in everything and subject to everyone.

Martin Luther.

Deciding to write a disassociation letter is a way of exercising the FREEDOM the organization want to stifle.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Fading is the Best option. They don't need a reason or a letter. They will twist things no matter what reason you give. Just stop all activity. Don't give any reason and don't talk to them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If you do not have family in by all means cut the tie officially. By your baptism you declared loyalty to the organization and gave them authority over you. By a letter of disassociation you are declaring your independence.

Try something like:

For the record I wish to inform you that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I have come to realize that Watchtower religion is absolute nonsense. Delete my name from your records and never contact me in an official capacity again or I will consider it harassment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit