How get out of watchtower?

by Hellothere 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If you happen to move, don’t tell ‘em or leave any kind of forwarding address.

• Riley
    Riley

I heard my wife on zoom yesterday because the weather was just awful. The topic was " you to make yourself righteous before Jehovah ".

It is like they have literally never read a bible. It is almost laughable if it wasn't such family destroying nonsense.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

If you wish to "make a statement," write your letter.

Personally, I don't believe in acknowledging/accepting the cult's way of wanting things done, so I'd just fade and ignore their "shepherding" (witch-hunting) calls, and fade.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

To write a letter of disassociation is to imply the Watchtower has authority over you. If you have stopped attending meetings and all other JW activity you have accomplished your will.

You owe them nothing. Do not play by their rules. Do not acknowledge the Watchtower has authority over you or anyone else.

• JeffT
    JeffT

To write a letter of disassociation is to imply the Watchtower has authority over you.

Strongly disagree, at least for myself. Our DA letter was a public (we sent to a lot of people) declaration of independence, that we no longer accepted the Governing Body as having any authority over us. It might even have counted as a declaration of war. We wanted to make sure that everyone knew that we left because the religion was WRONG. We specifically stated that if they impugned our character we would take legal action.

It wasn't long after we sent it that we saw a car group working field service on Saturday morning cross the street to avoid walking in front of our house. Maybe they thought we would sneeze apostate germs on them.

I would say (strongly) that the important thing is getting out of the Watchtower, not the route you took. Everybody has to find their own path.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

People slip out whenever they want. But if you ever want to come back….

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    "But if you ever want to come back…"

Yes, you may want to come back so family members will talk to you again...but not necessarily because you believe in the religion.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Org has no power over you unless you play by their rules. Just fade, tell them nothing!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

"How long will you keep limping on two different opinions?" There is no GT as JWs understand it, the org isn't special in history, for good OR for bad, and you should do what's best for YOU and those you care about, whether that involves fading or in fact being open and letting them disfellowship you. But playing their power tripping committee and letters game rarely has any benefit.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Yes, you may want to come back so family members will talk to you again

Why in the world would you want to talk to people that do not want to talk to you even if it is family. And then blame wt for its rules. Blame the family who made that choice.

On the other hand I am sure you can understand a father who’s son took up smoking or drugs or a life of immortality and left the way of salvation and was df with the hope that consequences of being df would straighten out some of his thinking. Im also sure you understand the despair of a father watching his son on the wrong path in life. He won’t tolerate that conduct and doesn’t want his son smoking using drugs or pursuing conduct that will harm his son. What father doesn’t love his son and doesn’t want the best for him? There is no other acceptable way. The son must stop or choose to hurt his loved ones. He is free to do so but he cannot have his JW father’s approval. More painful for the father thsn for the son.

Take for example a father that leaves JW and starts celebrating the holidays and is angry with JW. He may have grandkids from believing children and compassionately the son allows his df father to see and spend time with his grandchildren but what happens is that the df grandfather starts giving the kids birthday presents and easter bunnies and calls them on the phone wishing them merry christmas and so on so the JW decides not to allow the children to communicate with the df grandfather. And that’s that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit