Rape Victim Forced To Listen To a Tape Of Her Assault In A JC

by pale.emperor 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This is absolutely outrageous. A rape victim was forced to listen to herself being raped while the elders stopped and started the tape claiming she was consenting. Even though during one of the assaults she was duct-taped, gagged and had a pillowcase over her head

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4465861-155/woman-sues-utah-jehovahs-witnesses-church

Words fail me.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Why hasn't he been arrested and charged by the police? What have the police done about it???

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4465861-155/woman-sues-utah-jehovahs-witnesses-church

The man accused of assaulting the woman in this case has not been charged with a crime.

Yet...

http://www.utahcriminallaw.net/sexual-assault-statute-limitations/

In contrast to many other states, there is no crime of sexual assault in Utah: only aggravated sexual assault, as defined by Utah Code ยง 76-5-405. As noted on the list above, aggravated sexual assault is not subject to any deadline on prosecution in the state of Utah. Rape of a child under 14, object rape, object rape of a child, and sodomy on a child are also exempt from prosecution deadlines. Utah residents must made aware of these facts in order to prepare for the possibility of prosecution for alleged sex crimes.

• My Name is of No Consequence
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I know right. Just think about all the cases like this that don't get into the news. You know that this is not the only truly crazy case like this. Why on earth is it necessary to listen to it for 4-5 hours?

• Tallon
    Tallon

Sickening beyond belief. I hope this woman receives justice from the courts.

As for the rapist and those JC Elders; ... (insert wording for the ellipses)

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Zalkin's firm was dealing with nearly an identical case to this several years ago. At the time he was litigating dozens of abuse cases against WBTS and claimed it was the most egregious case he had seen. Unfortunately, like so many cases, not much info makes it to the mainstream and its hard to know how the cases are settled.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

This survivor deserves a whole lotta money from the JWs...but no amount will be enough. They disgust me.

• Sliced
    Sliced

Many many moons ago- I had to sit in a JC with an adulterous woman, her husband and mine. All together... to discuss the allegation that she was pregnant with my husbands child. Disgusting claims were made- and I had to endure not getting up and kicking her ass right then and there. After a humiliating investigation and my family being dragged through the mud- she later admitted she was pregnant from a co-worker and had been having an affair with him for a very long time. We believe she wanted child support $$$ from us since we were of much more means than most in our old hall. Yeah, that's just ONE of the many psycho stories I could tell you about being a Jehovah's Witness.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of the facts surrounding her "willingness" or "unwillingness" to return to the perpetrator multiple times, the suit against Watchtower seems pretty sound- knowingly elevating him to a position where he could do this.

As far as the elders are concerned, playing the audio of the events, that's what you get when you tell window washers and janitors that they will have God's blessings on their decisions and allow them to let power go to their heads.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I swear that some of these old fuddy duddies actually get off by listening to some of this. I recall one of the judicial meeting I had to sit through to get reinstated they asked me if I had any relations with a certain woman and I said no. Well that wasn't good enough, the one elder had to then ask questions and went into details like did you touch her there or kiss her etc. A bunch of sick f*cks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit