This year’s convention

by lastmanstanding 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Two things I noted at this year’s RC.

1) The new teaching with respect to Matthew 25:45 which was applied equally to the rank & file JW. This teaching is also found in the Watchtower study for last Sunday.

Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.
    2) The new Armageddon video which was a big shift. Last year’s Armageddon video found the dubs holed up in a basement ‘compound’, Branch Davidian Koresh style, complete with the FBI busting in and no salvation to be found. This year all the dubs were out in the open in a farmer’s field, not hiding from law enforcement and Jesus Saves!

Regarding item 1) the watchtower last week says

JESUS GAVE ENCOURAGEMENT
    6. How does the parable of the talents provide encouragement? 6 Jesus imitated his Father’s example. The parable of the talents, given in Jesus’ prophecy about the conclusion of the system of things, encourages faithfulness. The master honored each of the faithful slaves with the words: “Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.” (Matt. 25:21, 23) What strong encouragement to continue serving Jehovah faithfully!

There is no encouragement value to rank & file members unless this applies to them. Regarding the talk at the convention, I recorded it.

Previously, this verse was applied to the annointed. It was taught that those dubs who obeyed the “least of these my brothers” would get salvation. This is a big shift. Now, rank and file members get salvation “equally” by doing good in the congregation to other R&F dubs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LASTMANSTANDING:

In reading between the lines of what you posted about the convention, this is what I get:

The illustration of the JWs being in a field rather than in a bunker is possibly because the scary bunker videos depressed too many JWs. Depressed JWs means more empty seats in Kingdom Halls, IMO.

The other thing about rank & file JWs getting “equal salvation” by “doing good” and helping other JWs in the hall tells me they are looking for caretakers (women, of course) and suckers to give money to people (needy and deadbeats) in the hall. (This of course specifically referring to fired bethelites- of which there will be more, no doubt.) I would not be surprised if at some point kingdom halls become places where JWs bring canned food, etc.

I predicted something like this and I’m so glad I got out of there years ago.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The illustration of the JWs being in a field rather than in a bunker is possibly because the scary bunker videos depressed too many

True, My JW wife has Claustrophobia - the fear of having no escape in a closed space
    What a Psychologial manipulaters, these GB are

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sect.

G.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

lastmanstanding,

Interesting, I totally missed that although honestly I'm browsing this site and others when I'm unfortunate enough to be at the WT study!

I always thought they used that verse to reinforce the need to obey the GB.

• Sliced
    Sliced
    How exactly did they apply this to the rank and file at the convention? Or is this just speculation? (Very interesting)
  • Spiral
    Spiral

Longhairgal: The other thing about rank & file JWs getting “equal salvation” by “doing good” and helping other JWs in the hall tells me they are looking for caretakers (women, of course) and suckers to give money to people (needy and deadbeats) in the hall. (This of course specifically referring to fired bethelites- of which there will be more, no doubt.) I would not be surprised if at some point kingdom halls become places where JWs bring canned food, etc.

Interesting observation! There are so many elderly and/or poor people that need "caretaking" just in my area, and the elders certainly aren't doing anything on a congregational, organized level to "care for these needy ones"! Someone busy who can least afford it ends up helping (a lot!) with no acknowledgement or financial help from the congregation. It's not sustainable because pretty soon most (and I really mean most) of the congregation will fall into the "needy" category. (Hardly anyone has any retirement savings, just a few sisters like my mother who had hard working "worldly" husbands.) The bOrg created this crisis, but it's typical of them to bully other people to take on the burden. And promising a little guaranty of salvation.

I was asked the other day what the JWs do to help support their elderly. Many churches here have all sorts of programs, activities, and food banks to help. It was a shock to those with me when I said "absolutely nothing".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPIRAL:

I DO believe this is probably where the religion is going with these types of comments.

I was treated like Typhoid Mary because I had a full time job that I refused to quit to appease fools and jealous idiots. I am now retired.

I’m sorry about the fiasco in the religion with all the “needy” who listened to the religion and did not plan, but I’m glad to NOT be around any of this. Good luck to the people there is all I can say.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh the manipulative propaganda keeps getting spewed out.

Thanks for the thread lastmanstanding

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Well it only took them, what 75 years to figure out what that scripture really meant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit