Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Bother You At All?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

zeb - that's funny but makes sense we're concerned re/our loved ones.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They use to bother me as a teenager. At 20 I saw my Dad take them apart scripturally and hang them out to dry.

Now I look forward to the next encounter.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They do not bother me at all, in the sense of emotion coming on when I see them. It used to at first. Now we are both completely relaxed about it when we see them in a shop or somewhere. There is nothing they can say to us that we do not have a smart answer for.

They do not bother us by knocking on our door, except some of the caring ones who were real friends will give us a courtesy knock when in the area, about once a year if that, they only ask about us and the family, no religion, no "when are you coming back" crap.

Fine by us, we simply faded over ten years ago, walked out and never went back. I suppose they simply view us as "lapsed", which is not true, we are EX JW's, and NEVER will return.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Evidently they pass us by if they are ever in our neighborhood as we don't even get an invitation to the Memorial.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice time to learn a foreign language, preferably one not widely spoken near your home territory. In most of America (Canada and Mexico included), German is a good language to befuddle most of them. (Just don't try Spanish, French, or Italian because too many people understand those languages throughout the continent.) If you are up to the challenge, speaking Sanskrit would befuddle most anyone.

Just try having a judicial hearing if I speak German or Sanskrit and they can't find anyone to understand. They will not get any information out of you. Trying to find anyone that understands these languages is a nightmare--since German has the reputation of being a miserably difficult language (only partially deserved, since the grammar is a bit complicated but the phonics and vocab is only moderately difficult). With the lousy education most jokehovians have, it will be next to impossible to locate three hounders that speak decent German (unless you are in New York City or isolated areas in the Midwest, where a few might know it) and even harder to find three hounders that speak or understand Sanskrit.

This also works for hounders trying to get a commitment out of you to return. They will have a miserable time trying to understand if I tell them "No" in German (and even worse in Sanskrit). If someone is asking why you haven't been to the boasting session, chances are good that telling them in German is going to befuddle them. Repeat in German, and they will see it as a waste of their time to speak. (Don't try that if you happen to be in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, or nearby--because they natively speak German there).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

No, they don’t bother me in the way you are referring to. Nobody has called at my home.

However, I do have a distant JW ‘friend’ who contacts me from time to time by text or email to be preachy....I recently let them down with my opinions about all the asking for money.👎🏻 I told this person MY truth and how negatively I was viewed because of my job and where they can all go!..Needless to say they were disappointed. (Too bad.).. They deserved to know and I’m glad I got it off my chest.

• millie210
    millie210

Only the leadership!

• James Brown
    James Brown

They bother me a lot. The whole shunning and tearing families apart thing.

I causes a lot of problems and bad feelings.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess if the witnesses don’t check on us anymore they must not like us. 🤓

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It bothers me that wherever I go these days there seems to be at least one cart on route to wherever I am going.

Yesterday 2 of them categorically lied about shunning and denied their religion practices it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit