After the Covid-19 crisis: what will happen?

by Gorbatchov 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What will happen after the Covid-19 crisis?

- economy with all the stand still corporations, people without work and mass injections of support money?

- politics with the end of globalisation, closed borders and new geopolitic friends (Italy / China Russia), lack of support and working together in EU and local politics, did the current politician the right thing?

I see one big change comming to us, the world as it was will not return.

What do you think?

G.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I hope that governments, companies and above all people will

• continue in the spirit of compassion, generosity and kindness that seems to be flourishing these days,
    • seize the opportunity to make long overdue changes that help us fight the climate crisis. If we can stop travelling to save ourselves from a virus, we should be able to do the same to save our species and planet.
  • EverApostate
    EverApostate
    After the Covid-19 crisis: what will happen?

All the religious heads who are hunkering now would come out and proclaim that their prayers conquered Corona

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Maybe - just maybe, because so many major governments will be in dire financial straits, they will turn their attention to all the tax-free religions to tell them that the gravy train has hit the buffers and it's now time for religions to pay their fair share in taxes.

Tax-free charitable status for religions cannot & should not be tolerated after this cataclysm!

• LV101
    LV101

FallGuy - I like that idea and EverAp - that's funny/lololol.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see one big change coming to us, the world as it was will not return.

That's what they said about 9/11. And in fact there are some things not the same, such as air travel with TSA screwing things up, but in reality, things are pretty much business as usual. So it will be after COVID-19.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am seeing more of the Establishment lines being parroted by the public. "Social distancing." What does that mean? "Wash your hands"--is that why there is so much of a soap and hand sanitizer shortage? I am also seeing shortages of toilet paper--why? All through January and February, the buzzword was "Don't prepare for this". And I saw almost no shortages then, as I calmly began stocking up on non-perishable food items.

From this, I expect to see full blown communism rolled out. If they can get people to buy all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer on cue, I expect them to be able to get them to give up all our liberty. We will all get microchipped, and the concept of freedom will be forever lost to this planet. Ultimately, we will all be like the greys. I think I would rather take my chances with the coronavirus--not reckless chances, but sensible ones.

Along with it, the responsibility to throttle it. While we were in the "Don't prepare!" phase, I was stocking up on a 6 month supply of supplements that no one else seemed to touch. I got an extra bottle of vitamin D (no one else seemed to touch it). I got enough oregano oil to throttle a 6 week course of coronavirus--while everyone else was oblivious to it. (Echinacea, too.) I have enough elderberry syrup and schisandra berry powder to improve my chances of "Oh wow, that didn't even hurt". No one else even touched those--seems the Establishment didn't mention a peep about these substances.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

There have been several seemingly "world changing event" over the past 102 years starting with the Spanish Flu. 20-50 million died, but soon life went on and things got back to 'normal'. The 2 World Wars were certainly events that altered civilization especially the holocaust, 6 million Jews died, but soon things got back to 'normal' and life went on. Those events did foster changes in the way things are done and the way lives were lived for many but I believe that a few years from now this too, Covid-19, will be part of history that scared the shit out of us but life will go on and things will return to 'normal'.

Religions and cults thrive went things like this happen but in the end I believe that rationale and sanity will prevail!

just saying!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The world recovered from the 30s depression. WW2 boosted it though. At my age I will not see a full recovery but have children and grandchildren to think of. In the long term there have been a great number of civilizations rise and fall. The greedy and crooked come out on top

• Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit