True Bible Doctrines Part 1

by hooberus 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hooberus
    hooberus

Whic doctrines are you refering to Hamas?

• hooberus
  • DJ
    DJ

Hi Hamas,

I am not sure if you were speaking to me or not? I am not doing that, don't worry.

• Lord Zagato
    Lord Zagato

[quote]I'm assuming that you are Catholic? I have many questions for you, if you are...love, dj[/quote]

Yes, I am. You can PM me if you want to about your questions, or e-mail me.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hooberus, that was to you.

YOu know you can interpret the bible anyway that you want to. Even if you were to say Jesus wasn't resurrected in bodily form, you could argue that point quite easily. Im not saying either; we just don't know.

It's all a mystery man. If you are to drop beliefs in a certain organization to believe your own thing, so be it and good luck. But, just as they do, you are only telling us your side. Who can really know the truth about the bible?

• hooberus
    hooberus

I agree with you that anyone can attempt to interpret the Bible in any way. However this can also be said of any other book.

The fact reamins that a valid interpretation of the Bible will follow certain principals and methods such as historical and gramatical principals as well as the principal of non-contradiction.

• For example: the subject of the resurrection of the dead. Resurrections in the bible were always resurrections of the body that died (for example Lazareth). So anyone who starts to teach that the resurrection will not be of the body is breaking with Biblical history. Passages such as Isaiah 26:19 clearly teach a future resurrection of bodies that have died, contrary to watchtower theology that bodies never will be resurrected (a doctrine that has no scriptural support whatsoever.)

• Also the word "resurrection" means something that died coming to life again. Since only bodies die obviously only bodies can be resurrected. The Watchtower version of resurrection is really no resurrection at all, since they claim that Jesus's body was not raised but "disposed of." They claim that he was then re-created as Michael the archangel. The Bible uses the term "resurrection" not re-creation.

• The Watchtower concept of resurrection also contradicts their concept of man being only a body, because the Watchtower Society does not teach that dead bodies will be resurrected ! The Watchtower teaching is that the original body will remain forever in the grave rotting. Their concept of resurrection is that Jehovah will find some dirt somewhere else and re-create from scratch the person who died. This new person will look and act just like you, however the original body (and logically person) will remain dead forever. According to Wt teaching all that person is is really their body (since they don't believe in an immortal soul) and since their body never will be resurrected, logically no witness who died will ever really live again, they will only be replaced by a new person who looks like them. The Bible however teaches the resurrection of the original body (in a restored state).

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit