True Bible Doctrines Part 1

by hooberus 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I agree that there was continuity between the Jesus before and the Jesus after the Resurrection. But I also believe that there is something different about a resurrected or glorified body. And that is the ability to enter a room that was locked without someone opening it for him.See John 20:19 The body then, it seems to me, was both physical and spiritual. Our present bodies certainly can't go through walls or closed doors.

• JT
    JT
    This thread is intended to be a discussion of true teachings of the bible in the sense that the items quoted and discussed will be a proper exegis of Bible doctrine. The issue of the validity of the Bible itself, is for another thread.

This has got to be the best line I have seen in awhile- this poster was asked to First est the validity of the bible before he tried to make the argument about Jesus- and instead he just brushed it off and said in other words, "For the sake of time let's all just say the bible is Valid and now we can discuss jesus" It is clear that this poster has no idea of how to present an argument of an issue- You don't just tell your listeners to "Just Accept" part 1 and then start making an argument on part 2 He fails to see that this is what the WT has done for 130 yrs- They tell jw to accept that the GB speak for god and by default any dogmas that come from the gb must be viewed as coming from God- Of course if you can't get to 1st base you are already in trouble to start with , for example- Once we realized that the GB DON'T speak for god, then by default anything they say IS MOOT so until he can est that the bible is valid, any accounts he tries to interpete becomes meaningless of course it would take too much work on this poster's part to est the bible is valid, unlike the Koran which we all know is valid

• hooberus
    hooberus
    This has got to be the best line I have seen in awhile- this poster was asked to First est the validity of the bible before he tried to make the argument about Jesus-

"this poster" is the one who started this thread to begin with. I have spent alot of time discussing the validity of the Bible on other threads. For this thread I simply wished to discuss Bible doctrine, rather than Bible reliability.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Kenneson said: I agree that there was continuity between the Jesus before and the Jesus after the Resurrection. But I also believe that there is something different about a resurrected or glorified body. And that is the ability to enter a room that was locked without someone opening it for him.See John 20:19 The body then, it seems to me, was both physical and spiritual. Our present bodies certainly can't go through walls or closed doors.

I agree with you! Jesus body was a glorified body, and it was the same flesh as was crucified that was glorified. Philippians 3:21 The text doesn't however say that Jesus body went through walls or closed doors, but that he appeared and vanished, something similar to what happeded to Philip in Acts 8:39-40.

• JT
    JT
    "this poster" is the one who started this thread to begin with. I have spent alot of time discussing the validity of the Bible on other threads

great so were you able to prove the validity of the bible then, cause I am sure you are aware that if you didn't prove the validity of the bible then that means you are still stuck on 1st base, making it impossible to go to 2nd

• hooberus
    hooberus

I feel that there is sufficient evidence for the validity of the Bible. Others disagree. This thread is thus for those who feel that the Bible is reliable. If you disagree then you are free to start your own thread on the validity of the Bible. However, this thread is primarily about a discussion of Bible doctrine.

• DJ
    DJ

Hooberus,

Sorry, I've been busy. It's 1 Cor. 15: 23-28. I guess that it's a lack of understanding on my part about, being in subjection and equality and handing over the kingdom, etc. I know that I am not the only Christian here that doesn't understand this. It seems to denote a superiority of the Father which negates equality. How can you be in subjection to someone and still be equal. How can Jesus be the First and the Last etc......yet he is inferior to the Father. How can there be 2 firsts and lasts...sorry. Coming from a jw background....the trinity is very very hard to just accept without a real understanding of these things that seem inconsistent. That's the only stumbler that I still have. Thanks, I will PM you later..because I want ot exchange e-mail addy's with you. I want to leave this particular board because I am in disagreement with the policy of double standards that it feeds on. In Christ, dj

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

DJ,

Indeed, what is 1 Cor. 15:22-28 stating? It seems all futuristic to me. There are still governments (vs. 24), still enemies (vs. 25), still death (vs. 26). Not everything seem to have been subjected to Jesus (vs. 28), so does this mean that the Father is not superior until all this happens? Is it speaking about superiority and inferiority at all? In Matt. 28:18 all authority was given to Jesus. It seems then, that within history Jesus exercises the sovereignty of God, but once history comes to its end (vs. 24), there will be no more struggle, and so he will remit into the hands of his Father the authority given him for his mission of salvation. Until then he still retains the authority.

Moreover, what does subjection mean? Wives are subject to their husbands. (1 Peter 3:1, 5) If this means wives are not equal to their husbands, how so? It doesn't change the fact that both are still human. The only difference seems to be in their position in the household. Does it mean husbands are better than their wives? Not necessarily. Does she have less importance, less value than the husband? I think not. Is the husband smarter than the wife? Often not. If the husband is indeed "superior," how so?

• Francois
    Francois

Was Jesus raised in a physical body; was it the same one he lived in for three decades? Does he have a physical body in heaven? And on and on ad nauseam.

Why do you pick at these gnits?

francois

• DJ
    DJ

Kennesson,
    Oh. Now I see. It fits perfectly with all of the other things that I believe. Thanks K. You're right, just as woman was made from man's rib yet they are equal...and Jesus said that He came out from the Father, yet they are equal! I am in subjection to my husband, willingly..not because we aren't equal. Thank you.....K!! Thank you Father!! love, dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit