Beards are depicted as normal in heaven but not on earth

by RULES & REGULATIONS 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

So we can see that the leaders of the JWS had no right or business to tell men they cant wear a beard from a biblical standpoint.

It is god's creation after all and to degrade his creation is is being unrighteous.

The bible does give instructions how men are to look with the sides of their heads uncut.

Hasidic Jew 2 | Jewish men, Mens hairstyles, Orthodox jewish

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'm 73 now so I go back a few decades. When I was in my 20's, and an elder, I met an older brother at an elders school who had been in Bethel during the Rutherford era. He despised Rutherford, privately of course, as did many in Bethel.

He told me that Rutherford was the one who banned beards, in fact all facial hair, for jw's because he wanted to distance himself from Russell in every way so as to make the wt organization his own brand! Of course since then the gb has come up with "sound scriptural reasons" to 'ban' beards such as beards inentify people with certain groups of "worldly" people.

I wonder why head shaving for brothers hasn't been banned for jw's since it identifies with the 'skin head' Arian brotherhood?

just saying!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    No angels or anointed with dark skin tones

Excellent point! What would be the justification for that? They say the white hair signifies age and wisdom, but why only Europeans?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://jw.support/beards-and-jehovahs-witnesses/

Pastor Russell who founded the Watchtower religion had a thick white beard.

After he died, Judge Rutherford took over as Watchtower’s leader.

Many did not accept Rutherford as Watchtower’s second leader. Rutherford was insulted that brothers wanted to imitate Russell and started to force brothers to shave their beards.

“Brother Rutherford … noticed that over the years Brother Balzereit had grown a beard very similar to the one worn by Brother Russell. His example soon caught on … . During his next visit, within earshot of all the Bible House family, he told Brother Balzereit that he could buy the rotary press on the condition that he shave off his beard.” 1974 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses pp.97-98

Just More "New Light"

• Ding
    Ding

What happened to Jesus being Michael the archangel? Where are his wings?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The wings have been exchanged for a Superman cape because the organisation cum religion (organiligion?), after a quick morph into Islam with baffle everyone by morphing into Zoroastrianism a la Nietzsche. You'll find new light in the Watchtower announcing that God is dead, evidently. And that in order to accept this, you must embrace the abyss. Doing so requires something superhuman because now you face eternal despair. But you become SUPER as in superman and develop the beautiful illness. You become insane, then you'll never notice the anomalies in the Watchtower.

He was back in the Ministry of Love, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain. He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

OK where are these assholes that said beards on men are unclean and unrighteous, this was my father's creation ?

Will the Lord Jesus Come Just in the Clouds?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Does Your Style of Dress Glorify God?

The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom (Study)—2016

17 What about the propriety of brothers wearing a beard? The Mosaic Law required men to wear a beard. However, Christians are not under the Mosaic Law, nor are they obliged to observe it. (Lev. 19:27; 21:5; Gal. 3:24, 25) In some cultures, a neatly trimmed beard may be acceptable and respectable, and it may not detract at all from the Kingdom message. In fact, some appointed brothers have beards. Even so, some brothers might decide not to wear a beard. (1 Cor. 8:9, 13; 10:32) In other cultures or localities, beards are not the custom and are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers. In fact, having one may hinder a brother from bringing glory to God by his dress and grooming and his being irreprehensible.​—Rom. 15:1-3; 1 Tim. 3:2, 7.

Jehovah's Witness with a beard in Ukraine. ( acceptable and respectable)

The same Jehovah's Witness in California, the United States of America. ( would be considered irreprehensible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Would NOT be considered irreprehensible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit