Jehovahs Wtnesses donate blood cleaning machine

by mattnoel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    JW's have donated a blood cleaning machine to Maidstone Hospital.

Such a machine was donated to one or two hospitals in the North-West as well. BUT GUESS WHO HAD TO PAY FOR THEM! It was all down to our loving donations - again! - while the Borganisation paid #*^"all!!

Dansk

• benext
    benext

Was this put out by the WT public relations dept.? So much for not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

did the WTS have anything to do with the donation, or was it a collective of JWs who paid for the machine?

• sf
  • sf
  • rocky220
    rocky220

The WT will never make up for the damage they have done over the years... and are still doing! Too little, too late.

grrrrrrrrrrrocky 220

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"One woman who demonstrates the proper use of the “Cell Saver” machine was very perplexed by the demands of JW patients and HLC members. The device requires a certain amount of blood volume in the machine before the patients' blood can be re-infused. There are places where the tube needs to be clamped off in order to prevent premature re-infusion. She stated that JW patients give her much grief over these clamps, claiming that they equate to "storage" of the blood, and interruption of the blood flow. For JW patients, she must resort to removing the “God-disapproved clamps”, and lowering the bag so that gravity keeps the blood in the machine until the appropriate time. She expressed deep concern that this modified technique introduces the risk of air entering the system." AJWRB

i had to laugh at this. pathetic really.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It's probably a good thing JW's can't GIVE blood. We'd have a lot of radically altered personalities coming out of surgery, wouldn't we?? They would be acting just like a JW, only not having a clue how it all happened.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Matt, I posted a thread on this a couple of months back when the HLC donated a Cell save machine to Medway Hospital where I work. It was on Meridian too. (can't do the link to that thread thingy that people do!) Scott

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I agree with some others who have thanked the Watchtower for this donation, however, this does not in any way make up for all of the lives lost because of the Watchtower Society.

Here are a few facts about their Blood Policies:

According to the June 15th, 2000 Watchtower, JWs can now accept other people's blood fractions (except for Red Cells [which is 90% hemoglobin which is allowed], White Cells [which are in Milk and make up less than 1% of your total blood], Platelets, and Plasma [which is 90% water and 10% proteins. The 10% proteins are allowed if taken separate from the water])

According to the October 2000 Watchtower, JWs are NOT allowed to store their own blood, OR to use any stored blood from anyone for any useful purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit