Reveal News Hosts a Conference About JWs and Child Sex Abuse

by Hecce 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Is no one concern that a journalist is supposed to be independent and objective and not turning into advocates or activists.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Richard regarding the author

My name is not Alexandra James, not even close. I honestly don’t even know how I came up with that name; it has nothing to do with anything or anyone I’ve ever known.

Like many former Jehovah’s Witnesses, I hide my identity because of the threat of being shunned by my family; if they knew how vocal I was against the religion online, they would probably be forced by their religion to no longer speak to me.

https://jwvictims.org/about/

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I meant how Reveal and Trey Bundy seems to not serving as a journalist but as an activist and an advocate.

• OrphanCrow
  • cofty
    cofty

Really Richard?

Do you really think the job of a journalist is to remain "objective" about a secretive organisation systematically lying in order cover up thousands of cases of child rape?

Have you never heard of investigative journalism?

ETA - OC beat me to it!

• cofty
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

An investigative reporter may go into a story with a thesis that they want to prove but it is a difference between trying to prove a thesis with objective information and becoming an advocate or an activist. That then is out of the realm of journalism at least in my view

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That then is out of the realm of journalism at least in my view.....Richard Oliver

Image result for Man with bag on head

• Hecce
    Hecce

RO

I think that based on their knowledge and interactions with the WT, all of these professionals are personally and emotionally involved in this fight.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That then is out of the realm of journalism at least in my view.....Richard Oliver

That's because your view is clouded. Normal people cannot know about the horrible way Watchtower treats abuse victims - their total misapplication of the Bible's 2-witness rule, the ultimate shunning of the victims in many cases, and not reporting abusers to authorities - and not be moved by the inhumanity of it.

Only Jehovah's Witnesses and their apologists can look the other way regarding these issues. Even JWs are appalled by these actions when committed by someone else, but when Watchtower does it those same JWs will bend over backward to defend their religion and their leaders.

The blinders need to come off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit