Reveal News Hosts a Conference About JWs and Child Sex Abuse

by Hecce 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Hecce
    Hecce

Reveal News Hosts a Conference About JWs and Child Sex Abuse; the World is Finally Noticing!

On April 26, 2017, in London, Reveal News hosted a conference regarding the problem of Jehovah’s Witnesses and child sex abuse. The conference was attended by a host of lawyers, journalists, and even law enforcement officials, as well as movie producers, activists, and victims of the policies of Jehovah’s Witnesses and child sex abuse.

Much information will be released over the next few days, but here are the photos that were sent to me as a teaser:

A full panel of attorneys, discussing the problem of child sex abuse among Jehovah’s Witnesses. From left: Kathleen Hallisey (UK), James Counsell (UK), Lisa Flynn (Australia), and Irwin Zalkin (US); Joaquín Alvarado and Trey Bundy (standing) of Reveal News. Lisa is talking about the Australian Royal Commission statistics, Watchtower attitudes, and the opportunity for concealment charges.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has a structured agenda to only make changes if required by law to do so.

Until there is a universal law that states that all situations of pedophilia in religoius organization are to be reported to local law authorities they wont.

The reason why is because they see themselves the controlling authority over their organization first and foremost , which invokes a state of self protection of its own public image and that's the main reason why they haven't in the past, even knowing that pedophilia is a serious crime and has been for long time.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Wohoe! That sounds like progress. Let's hope it makes a splash. Was it exclusively focussed on JWs? How long was it? 1 day or more?

with the amount of travel involved, it seems like someone means business.

• Hecce
  • Hecce
    Hecce

I see that Attorney Zalkin from the US is involved as well as UK and Australia lawyers. There must be some serious money behind this in order to gather some many people at this location.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

From the linked article...

Also on hand were the producers of the Oscar-winning movie “Spotlight.”

Yes there were some high profile people there. This was apparently a much more serious event than I had imagined.

Lisa [Flynn, Australian attorney] is talking about the Australian Royal Commission statistics, Watchtower attitudes, and the opportunity for concealment charges.

I sure hope something comes of that!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Great! Zalkin is a shark and the WT i$ afraid of him!

• Hecce
    Hecce

Trey Bundy of Reveal News introduces and interviews exJWs and abuse survivors Deborah McDaniel, Candace Conti, and Nick French.

• just fine
    just fine

I hope it gains traction, so that the end result is no more protecting abusers.

• dbq407
    dbq407

Good news for sure! Lets hope it keeps coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit