the GB's coup of the FDS

by Magnum 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Steel
    Steel

I remember being in a tuesday night meeting and they were doing a householder example , explaining how they were not a cult.

They said cults were ran by a single person or a small number of people. Jehovah witnesses are lead by Jehovah god and his annoited remnet on earth.

I almost busted out laughing. We all know it is lead by a religious junta of seven men.

The new understanding to me is basically like they just got sick of explaining of what the 10000 or so heavenly hopers actually do in the Borg.

It's like they finally said " fuck it", everyone already knows we are a cult anyway.

• Fencing
    Fencing

If we're being honest, all this change did was codify what every witness deep down already knew to be true anyway: The real ones in charge are the GB, and that's it. The whole "all anointed remnant are part of the F&DS" thing was just a nice mental salve to soothe the minds of the R&F, giving them something to point to so they could say, "See! We're not a cult, we don't follow any single leader, or even a small group of leaders!"

In reality, everyone knew that there was no way in hell the GB was ever going to accept a call from Joe Crazy, who just happens to drink the wine every year in some middle-of-nowhere congregation, claiming to have some new insight from the Holy Spirit on Ephesians 1:10.

I do think the GB sensed a potential threat to their leadership in leaving the definition of the F&DS so broad, and preemptively changed it to prevent some future uprising.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In some ways it was an odd thing to change.

In theory all anointed were part of the faithful slave. But in practice only the GB had the authority of the faithful slave. Everyone kind of realised that anyway.

But to actually change the doctrine in order to make that explicit. It just seems heavy handed and so unnecessary. Plus it raises really awkward questions about who was the slave earlier in JW history and whether you can have a slave that doesn't realise it's a slave and others who think they're a slave who are not. It's just a mess.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I know- I looked around the congregation as those articles were being studied and I was in shock that all these sheep were blindly following along and I realized I did not belong there anymore

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    In theory all anointed were part of the faithful slave. But in practice only the GB had the authority of the faithful slave. Everyone kind of realised that anyway.

Everyone, except the especially delusional JWs probably realised it... aka the anointed.

While you explained the old doctrine in a few sentences, it would take the GB at least one entire WT article with scriptures referenced in poor context, convoluted reasoning and crazy assumptions to explain the same thing.... I think they do this on purpose, it comes across as intelligent and thoroughly researched to the brainwashed masses.

The JW theology is a mess and it’s getting exponentially worse as time passes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit