the GB's coup of the FDS

by Magnum 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread. Interesting obvservations and thoughts!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What the latest change accomplished was to further marginalize any "professed anointed."

Time after time, the dogma of the GB is proven wrong with time. The big one in my time was the 1995 generation change. I didn't even know TTATT, and I knew they were moving the goalposts.

Think too, about 1914, 607, and especially the prediction that anointed ones would be decreasing as the END drew near. Whatever your views on Xianity, you can see why an authoritarian sect cannot have thousands of "chosen ones" doing research, studying Biblical languages, and then sharing that information.

So the GB needed to create as much suspicion as possible about so-called anointed, and they have done a great job. Just imagine coming out as a partaker and then challenging doctrine, or calling attention to the Pedophilia issues?

The RC talk about Satan's vicious brew of poisonous propaganda and his apostate kitchen helpers was a real doozy. Then the Bunker video hit... These guys know what they're doing..

DD

• John Davis
    John Davis

It can't be by definition a coup because the rest of the FDS under the old understanding had no authority over the activities of JWs.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    DATA-DOG: Just imagine coming out as a partaker and then challenging doctrine, or calling attention to the Pedophilia issues

Yeah, I think that was the main reason they "fired" the other partakers - so they would have no one to challenge them doctrinally or to voice concern about things like the pedophilia issues.

And, as I mentioned previously, I really think the org uses the scriptures to its benefit. It wanted all power with no interference for the GB, so it found a way to achieve that. It combed the Bible for passages/accounts that it could make support that.

If I'm right, then the org truly is evil. It uses what it claims is the Word of God to its benefit; no different from the Pharisees it often refers to.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    John Davis: It can't be by definition a coup because the rest of the FDS under the old understanding had no authority over the activities of JWs

Actually, according to JW doctine of the time, all the FDS members had the same authority; the GB members were simply said to be the collective spokesman for the entire group, with no more authority than the others.

Now, we know that in actuality, the non-GB FDS had no real authority, but according to the JW doctrine or "law" of the time, they did, and I'm treating this as a legal issue. (I've actually already addressed this issue in an earlier post on this thread.)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, it was wrong to think that the GB had more Holy Spirit or insight than anyone else, now it's required thinking.

Its another example of corporate needs driving Jehobo's chariot.

DD

• waton
    waton

The " all partakers are the slave , equal parts of the body of Christ " always sounded contrived. The change from "all the remnant" to "brothers in Brooklyn" was only affirming reality. Where wt went too far is demoting all pre -1919 Christian writers from the ranks of the F&DS too, -- Apostles, Paul, Luke, James and all.

That is why there is no more "Bible" in the WTB&TS, organ, jworg. not only are many of the present partaker flaky, bible writers/characters were too.

• TD
    TD

Yes, it was apostasy by their own definition of the term.

AFAIK, nobody batted an eye though..

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Magum PI : Thanks for the post, I copied and pasted it to an email I sent to a reactivated JW business owner in his early sixties. He found it interesting but has since shut down as he mentioned our conversation to an elder. Looks like he's thoroughly enjoying his newfound social circle - country club and doesn't want to jeopardise it by being honest and truthful in his researching of it. Of course he once mentioned to me that many JW's now seem well off compared to when he was growing up in the 'truth' as a kid. This guy even has 1914 in his personal business email. What a nut all social en everything, a real cut above us all.

• Jayk
    Jayk

It would make sense, I haven't been around the congregation in awhile but from what it sounds like something could possibly be going on. when I heard they got new bibles I knew something was weird.. the people inside are so brain washed even if someone came forward with something truth would anyone believe them? We live in the 21st centry. Besides actually going door to door, just give them a card them tells them to go to a website. You save tons on printing literature...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit