Spiritually Weak Ones Are Bad Association according to the Governing Body

by RULES & REGULATIONS 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

After you read the words of Jesus in Mark 2: 17, you will see that the contrast between the teachings of Jesus and the Governing Body.

You clearly read what's written in the Bible, but the Society is always twisting and bending scriptures to their benefit. Here is Stephen Lett talking about ''spiritually weak'' members and twisting Jesus's words teaching on sinners:

'' Think about someone who is physically sick and is running a high fever. If we spend a lot of time with that person, we will probably catch the same sickness. Or worse, if we spend a lot of time with a dead body, a corpse, we will probably pick up a disease.''

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If we spend a lot of time with that person, we will probably catch the same sickness.

And THAT is why I listen to those few words of Rubber Face and why I have severely curtailed any association with any JW. I have found them to be spiritually sick, if not dead; and I certainly do not want to catch their fatal illness.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Think about someone who is physically sick and is running a high fever. If we spend a lot of time with that person, we will probably catch the same sickness.

So if your child-----or wife----or parent, is very- very sick and needs constant attention or else she will die, then according to the Governing Body, it's better if we leave her to her own demise and save ourselves!

I would call that wicked instead of wise.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've long suspected the GB would like to enact some kind of official policy to DF/DA inactives.

I suppose using rhetoric and propaganda to influence the loyal R&F to approximate the conditions would accomplish that almost as effectively.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

Yeah, let them do that. It’s just lashing out in spitefulness.

For the most part, the JW religion is diminishing and in another generation or less it will be a shadow of its former self and will either be a smaller online religion or it will go into obscurity like other American sects of the past.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I find myself wondering if they don't realize that their end is in sight and all this craziness is an effort to wake up as many people as possible without causing mass suicides.

It seems like a fairly humane way to do things. Make it so crazy people start waking up and any young person would want to get out as fast as possible. Take ownership of all the property so there won't be any fighting over it at the local level. Consolidate and sell off properties to raise cash for the lawsuits and try to keep enough money around to keep things running until all the hardcore, never leaving JWs die off.

Or maybe they know it is BS and are just trying to live the rest of their lives in relative comfort while watching the whole thing fall apart.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve seen this in action. JWs are constantly judging each other—whether they are “spiritual” enough to be “good association”. If they aren’t good enough then they get a greeting at the hall but no invitation round to visit. Some are invited to general gatherings but not to selective gatherings. If you improve your attendance and ministry, then you might merit an invitation to a social gathering. So many layers of judgment going on all the time. It’s petty and pathetic. The complete opposite of what Jesus said, and strangely reminiscent of how the Pharisees acted.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The one word that comes to mind is: Exemplary

The WT has made it a practice of using this word when inviting publishers to be members of the Bethel family...to international conventions and the like. They specify only Exemplary Publishers need apply whenever they make announcements of upcoming special events.

I remember back in the day & it's still done today that only exemplary publishers were to be interviewed during certain Kingdom Ministry parts. On the other hand any dufus could join the Ministry School.🤣

It's almost as though WT has its own caste system in place. Spiritually strong publishers who are pillars are a must in this organization...spiritually weak not so much..Yes very pharisaical in nature!

• solomon
    solomon

It’s all about image. You have to make a good appearance of spirituality, be visible in the ministry to be spiritually strong. You can still be a total asshole but as long as you are checking the correct boxes you can be part of the club.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    LongHairGal

For the most part, the JW religion is diminishing and in another generation or less it will be a shadow of its former self and will either be a smaller online religion or it will go into obscurity like other American sects of the past.

The only thing I don't like about this idea, is that I won't have the opportunity to gloat on the faces of all those over-righteous pompous men and women who believed they were on a higher plane than the rest of us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit