Saw homemade "Cart art" and murmurs about cart working yesterday.To old to do cart work?

by caves 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caves
    caves

Yesterday I parked at a rest stop for a bit and there were 2 ladys at a cart. The cart sign was hand painted. ??? That was odd to me. But at least someone got to use their painting talents.

Also I was listening to them talk to each other and one lady said that they didn't understand why the older ones couldn't do cart work , that it didnt make sense because they both had chairs to sit on and the older ones walk door to door.

Is this just an isolated cong decision or is this happening other places?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If it is that's horrible, it may be that only pioneers can do cart work....yet a lot of older, retired JW are pioneers. I'm suspicious that maybe they want older people to go D2D because whatever people say to them they will still believe, that talk about child abuse won't waver their trust in the FDS.

I do know they are not supposed to do their own artwork on the carts...jw.org approved posters only, of course !( yawn)

• caves
    caves

I found the artwork odd , as I to thought that would be frowned upon.

As far as what the lady said about the elderly ones not being allowed to do cart work, I dont know if it was just this cong or another reason. What you said Dio made sense.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Seems in my area all they use are old and disabled people.

Could be some other reason they are not used and the elders didn't want to insult them by telling them we can't use you because you both are crazy and draw crazy arse pictures for the ministry.

• oppostate
    oppostate

They have to quality and be approved to take out the carts which are KH property.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Just watch 2 men standing at a cart for 3 hours straight. One looked like he was around 60 and the other in his 20's. Not one person talked to them. What a waste of time. Still Totally ADD

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

I was attending a conference in downtown Seattle a while back and during our breaks at the convention center would occasionally go sit in the lobby.

From my seat in the lobby I was eye level with 4 people manning two carts at 90 degree angles from each other on the same street corner. Like clockwork every 1-2 minutes at least one of them pulled out their phone to look at the time or looked at their watch.

Jesus would be proud eh?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Some of the older ones doubtlessly know its a BS way to preach. Maybe they don't have a tablet to show JW.snore. zzzzzzzzzzz

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Some of the new cart art designs are simplistic, blocky renderings of previous artwork, (edited in the computer to look that way) and could be mistaken for crude artwork. Just a guess.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

neat blue dog: Some of the new cart art designs are simplistic, blocky renderings of previous artwork, (edited in the computer to look that way) and could be mistaken for crude artwork. Just a guess.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed paintings were becoming passé. Sometimes old paintings get reused, but comic book style illustrations appear to be "in" right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit