Does it ever just hit you...It all may be a dream

by LevelThePlayingField 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    That the paradise may or may not be real? That the things you have been taught for many years from the Jehovah's Witnesses may not really be as they say? Has it really ever really hit you with that "pow" of reality ever? What are your thoughts?
  • cognac
    cognac

When I was young, I thought my life wasn't actually my life and it was actually a dream...

Maybe it could be real, maybe they are right. I would rather be dead.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    To me it felt as though the scales fell from my eyes. I didn't even think of paradise lost.
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos
    When I was a teenager I went through a phase where I thought life might be an illusion. Looking back at my writings from that time, I can see that I was suffering from the strain of being expected to believe in so many things that I didn't have direct evidence for -- angels watching my every move, an impending Armageddon, a conspiracy theory among scientists to promote evolution, etc. The writings read a lot like something a schizophrenic person would produce: lots of bizarre fantasies and contradictory statements. I was afraid to openly question my beliefs, and it was mixing me up inside so bad that I didn't know up from down.
  • Phaedra
    Phaedra

My JW reality never questioned the paradise. As a raised-in, I always believed what I was being taught was real, and I might never die or grow old in this system of things. When I found myself outside the box, I was not only embarrassed at the naivety of belief, but have experienced depression and embarrassment ever since.

• kaik
    kaik
    I always thought that JW paradise was unrealistic the best, and joke the most. While panda petting zoo was enticing to me as a kid, I did not find the life with fellow JWs as a paradise.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Its weird when you think of it......paradise comes and allusudden we're all vegetarians, and age stops at 30.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @cognac......i like you better alive friend ☺
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS indoctrinates delusions into people's minds by using ancient mythological stories, while preying and exploiting people's fears, insecurities and ignorance.

Its a business where the theological doctrines are arranged to heighten attention to what the WTS self describes as true bible interpretation. Join in supporting this literature proliferation and you'll be duly rewarded by appeasing God.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Process this. Some scientists are now saying that everything we experience in this life may only be a computer simulation.

Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit