Further education

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

slimboyfat, yes, it's not normal Watchtower-ese. So who's trying to stir the pot and why? A current JW trying to make the exes look silly? Or an ex with wishful thinking syndrome?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

The letter is bogus, I confirmed and elders have not received any such letter.

While higher education is discouraged, however, if an elder or anyone in his family pursues higher education, this doesn't automatically lead to his deletion. His qualifications are "reviewed", as in, it is seen if he is still fulfilling all his other jobs as an elder and is allowed to stay if his education is not coming in between his responsibilities.

In my congregation, all the elders are raised in the truth, are university graduates, and are well-off financially. Even the smarter ones who did not pursue higher education are doing well in their businesses as making a good income is not completely dependent on being college graduated.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The letter you see above is in direct conflict with the new Elder Manual. I smell bullshit! Show us the original letter!

Atlantis!

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I wonder if he knows it’s a bogus letter or if indeed he was the one who made it

https://youtu.be/0v5i-I4fHFc?feature=shared

from about 6mins

Its such a shame because now I doubt everything from apostate videos

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

ExBethelitePIMA, it's okay that you didn't pick up on it. You're new at this and are still building up those critical thinking skills.

Those of us who have been doing this awhile picked it up right away.

There were also many parodies written over the years where people would write up something close enough to Watchtower speak that it sounded plausible.

One of my favorites was: Cats: Are they for Christians? It was hilarious and I wish I could find it. Made it sound like every good JW should rehome their pet pussycat.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It’s such a shame though, that was a good channel. He did some of the best interviews and had the best points. Now he has gone down in my estimation

unless he comes back with an apology and says he will be more careful in the future

either that or he was the one who made up the bogus letter in the first place

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

ExBethelitenowPIMA:

You have a private message!

Atlantis!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It doesn't matter what side you are on, on any issue, there will be trolls. JW trolls, ex-JW trolls, never were and never will be JW trolls. Heck, even most hobby discussions online are full of trolls! Just be careful, stay hopeful and just sit back and enjoy the ride 🚕👍😺

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The point is this channel had trust. Good interviews and lots of people trusted him.

that British chap was the best ex jw interview I ever heard and I was so pleased to see part 2 on this channel recently

now I have lost faith in all ex jw content creators

I hope he didn’t know it was fake but he must give an explanation now.

if in fact he was the one who made the bogus letter then it’s a very serious situation because a lot of trust was put in him, he is doing work with helping lots of people thinking about leaving JWs

he was involved in this work helping people heal after jw https://youtu.be/WjsmkLSs5ow?feature=shared

now it’s all called into question with a bogus letter

I hope he was deceived and not the deceiver but he needs to give an apology to retain any kind of future

it’s such a shame

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    • The education thing is very mysterious. There was supposedly a letter sent to some congregations saying they have warned about the dangers of further education but never made hard rules about it.

This letter has never had the original shown to people like Atlantis who are doing a brilliant work leaking letters and checking things. Many are saying the letter is bogus because not all elders have seen it. But I asked this guy and he says the letter is really from the USA branch.

So many are asking him if the letter was really sent from the branch to select congregations then let’s get to the bottom of it. I’m looking forward to his next video where he will hopefully shed more lite

see the letter about 6 mins into this video https://youtu.be/0v5i-I4fHFc?feature=shared

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit