Further education

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I just saw on a video that there has been a change about further education. Here is a screenshot of a letter that went to all elders. I am an elder but I don’t remember this one, perhaps it is only for some areas?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's all but impossible to read the text on that image, can you type it out for us? Also, it doesn't look like a screenshot of a letter at all. What's the veracity of it?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It’s from this video, about 8 mins in

https://youtu.be/0v5i-I4fHFc?feature=shared

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@nicolau

Letter to Elders

WHILE THE FAITHFUL SLAVE HAS LONG PROVIDEO LOVING COLNSEL ON THE DANGERS OF PURSUING HIGHER EDUCATION, IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT FOLLOWING SUCH A COURSE IS NOT OUTLAWED IN THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION.

(2 COR. 3:17) TREREFORE, IT IS NOT NECESSARY OR WISE FOR ELDERS TO CREATE RIGID RULES ON SUCH MATTERS, ESPECIALLY AS THE FAITHFUL SLAVE HAS NOT DONE SO.

RATHER, ELDERS SHOULD BE GUIDED BY SCRIPTURAL PRINCIPLES AND ASSESS EACH CASE ON ITS OWN MERITS. THE SHEPHERD BOOK, CHAPTER 8, PARAGRAPH 30, HELPS US IN THIS REGARD BY POSING A NUMBER OF QUESTIONS FOR ELDERS TO CONSIDER. HAVING CONSIDERED SUCH QUESTIONS, IF A BROTHER WHO IS PURSUING HIGHER EDUCATION SATISFIES THE SCRIPTURAL REQUIREMEMTS FOR AN APPOINTED MAN IN EVERY OTHER RESPECT, THERE IS NO REASON WHY HE CANNOT SERVE AS AN ELDER OR MINISTERIAL SERVANT.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    RATHER, ELDERS SHOULD BE GUIDED BY SCRIPTURAL PRINCIPLES AND ASSESS EACH CASE ON ITS OWN MERITS.

In other words, if you go to college you will still be subjected to a colonoscopy.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why is the letter white type on black ? Why not just scan the letter ?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think I need to see a scan of the actual letter

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I’m starting to think the letter is bogus

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Wow, this is a 180 from Watchtower guidelines. More flip-flops, and "theocratic strategy" ...lying. We never said that Bull S.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The all caps looks fake.

Plus I don’t think they’d use the phrase “such a course is not outlawed”. That’s not how they talk about their own policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit