New name for Herd

by blownaway 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LV101
    LV101

Nope I'm not living in the 80s -- fave fun watches now are Chanel.

• fulano
    fulano

You cant seriously think that dr. Phil is classy. His suits hang like bags around his shoulders.

• LV101
    LV101

No - I can't even watch his show -- I do think he has nice stuff. I wasn't referring to his suits -- are they that bad! He's a big boy and doesn't have the model-perfect psychic.

• LV101
    LV101

I do think it's sad JWs shopping at thrift stores (and that's their right) and being frugal to donate and contribute what they can so their Eight Great gawds can look good - just sad. I understand they want them to look and live good for image to represent the one true religion - oh my.

• minimus
    minimus

Cartier watches are expensive and classy but Rolex is still swag

• fulano
    fulano

LV101

Dont believe all those stories about Rolex, extreme wealth. Like every ex-bethelite wil agree with me, they just work and believe their own rubbish.

• LV101
    LV101

Say what? You lost me but it's been a long day. Do tell.

• fulano
    fulano

Ok, everyone who worked at Bethel knows they behave like regular bethelites. When they have valuable things, might be a watch, fountain-pen, or whatever ....they are gifts or from their own resources. Not every Bethelite, missionary, CO is poor you know? With their position come gifts. We had in one of our assignments a branch coördinator that needed a new car. One vacation to California and there it was. That's how things work. When we went from missionary to Brooklyn we were invited to congregations to tell experiences, I don't know why but we always received $..sometimes 1 a 200 a night from publishers who found that necesary.

• LV101
    LV101

Fulano - gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. I realize there are JWs with money - was in 2 halls (briefly) w/at least one affluent (maybe 2) couple(s) along w/Ex-Bethelites - one couple in each hall. I tried to be generous - they told me they'd gone 4-EVA w/out (I believe it!). Told the Hall laid down the red carpet upon their arrival -- which is how it should be -- welcoming like good churches, IMO. I know some Bethelites were well off - I was quick study and the 'have-not' (ex-bethelites) brought me up to speed fast! Loved the one ex-Beth couple and the husband of the 2nd couple. I receive(d) Facebook notices to 'friend' - both, actually, but I'm afraid to 'click'! I felt sorry for the COs wife - very sweet and they certainly needed shopping money.

Some good people in the cult along with some some very unsavory characters - scary!

Thanks - again - Rolex -- think it's a man-thing. Don't know any socialites that wear them but they were the thing - both sport and social in the 70s early 80s. They are beautiful especially with the new colors (faces/dials) but my husband lives in his ole faithful -- I told him I was going to hock it -- jewelers try to buy it off of him.

• fulano
    fulano

Do you mean the Rolexes with the colors? Two months ago my wife gave me a Milgauss, Blue (pre-owned though). I love it, finally can see what time it is without glasses. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-milgauss-z-blue-edition

And no, I am not on the governing body....most people like me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit