What Are Your "Senior Moments" Like?

by compound complex 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cliff
    cliff

I recently agreed, with pleasure, to help out a local family with some difficulties by collecting the 12 year old daughter from a village school a few miles away at about 15.30.

I am a 72 year old retired, with a car, and not doing much at all in this really crappy weather. so hardly an imposition.

For the last two days I received frantic phone calls at 15.45 from mum wondering where was everybody! I was happily reading, dozing and not doing a crossword in my sun lounge!

How feeble and embarrassing is that?!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    It's names with me every time. My mind just seems to search a blank bit of my brain. Frightening!
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Similar situation than Phizzy, I bought a new car and I week later I parked it at the airport for an 8-day business trip...so after a 6 hour evening return flight I get to the parking lot and can't seem to find my car. I start thinking that I am on the wrong level...but then I decide to hit the panic button on the car's fob only to realize I am a few meters away from my brand new car. This isn't the first time either. In the fall I fly out of the same airport in consecutive weeks and once I couldn't remember where I parked my car. I had to drive around with the lot security agent to find my car - that parking has 8 levels! To avoid this happening again, I use my phone to take a picture of the signage...

• FindTheLost
    FindTheLost

I am not so sure this is forgetfulness issue to just doing something so off the wall like the other day.

My son and I work at the same office and I was at a stop light and saw a long strand of my hair on my coat sleeve. I gingerly picked it up then neatly laid it across his leg. He looked at me with the "what the F look", I had this look of unbelief and then start laughing so hard.

The "kid" is laughing "Mom, what the hey. Why did you do that?"

"Honestly, I haven't a clue why" I replied.

I had to pull to the side of the road to clear the tears of laughter from my eyes. We both were laughing so hard and still crack jokes of loose hair.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I Came On This Thread For a Reason..

....I KNOW I HAD A REASON...........

...Image result for confused senior

• zeb
    zeb

Its a fair bet that us who forget names are also very good at recalling faces hence we are visual not 'mathematical.'

For example I will recall that car in front of us was Fred and Judys because of the dent near the taillight and the bent aerial bit of rust near the.. you get it. while the 'name' of the car a great big regio plate right in front of me doesn't come into the picture.

also doctor told me that today we get more information thrown at us in a week than people in the 1700's got in years.

• fulano
    fulano

Maybe a lack of vitamin B?

As I like a very regular glass of wine, I was adviced taking extra B. It surely helps a lot.

• Simon
    Simon
    We've been in Canada about 9 years but every now and then we have an "English moment" (yeah, definitely not "senior") where I go to get in the wrong side of the car.
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    Always, ALWAYS it will happen when I'm speaking to a client on the phone. I'm explaining something and can't remember the correct contract term. Aargh! The vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3 has really helped. I had almost no vitamin D on a blood test ( and I do go outside a lot) so taking that has been huge.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

The worst is not remembering your grand kids name. Josh, bring grandpa the Tv control.

Grandpa I'm Terry not Josh. I have 8 Grand kids, and when they are all around at the same time

it can be confusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit