Update to UK “Child Safeguarding Policy”

by wifibandit 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Yes, that's the problem here - the Policies just don't say that.....

vis-a-vis the UK Girl Guides:

How you should report concerns about a girl

To report a concern

• Make a written record of your concern or a girl's disclosure, including the date, time and all relevant details of the member concerned, others involved and witnesses if there are any.
    • Contact your local Commissioner or the Safeguarding team at Girlguiding HQ who will inform you of the next actions to take.
    • Email your written record to [email protected].

If it is an emergency - and the child is at risk - inform the police or social services first, then the Safeguarding team.

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/making-guiding-happen/running-your-unit/safeguarding-and-risk/concerns-about-girls/

What to do if you have a concern regarding a volunteer

To report a concern

• Make a written record of your concern, including the date, time and all relevant details of the person involved, young person concerned, others involved and witnesses if there are any.
    • Contact your local Commissioner or the Safeguarding team at Girlguiding HQ who will inform you of the next actions to take.
    • Email your written record to [email protected].

If it is an emergency - and the child is at risk - inform the police or social services first, then the Safeguarding team.

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/making-guiding-happen/running-your-unit/safeguarding-and-risk/concerns-about-volunteers/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Blondie the perfect scripture. you are saying their sticking to the minutiae of their the law is unChristian when a child is at risk. In this case God's law and secular law have the same intended outcome.

I wonder would reading that scripture induce any shame in these corporate yes men??

I notice they allow for a non parental women to be present - although they don't say so in so many words,don't want the word to get out that its inappropriate for an abused child to give evidence to two strange, unqualified men. No mention also that the poor child is likely to have to give a statement again to authorities! Why make the child endure it twice - leave it to the professionals the first time!!!

I also love the way they say that if an abuser "associates with the jehovahs witnesses"!! Hang on they are a jehovahs witness or this legalese wouldn't apply!...oftentimes an MS or elder! Of course they love to use their get-out clause that the culprit "/is not a real witness". Wel why are Catholic abusers " not real Catholics" then!

Why are these (very poor)improvements not being enacted in all witness " lands". Two words - taxable income. They are under pressure from the Charity commission to get their child safeguarding policy in line, or potentially loose their charitable status in the UK.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    silentlamb - "What's so hard about putting this into the policy and practicing it?"

Ten bucks says that if they did, there'd be so many allegations and so much exposure, that the WTS's claim of being "God's Earthly Organization" and a "spiritual paradise" would be irrevocably tarnished.

And as far as the Org's concerned, that simply cannot be allowed to happen

Take that away, and there ain't much incentive to stay a member, after all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This thread again.... well, it is important. My thoughts are no better than those already but I wanted to add them.( and thanks to Wifi Bandit yet again).

13]If any congregation elder learns of a case of child abuse in which a child may still be at risk of significant harm two elders must contact the Legal Department at the branch office for legal advice on compliance. A report to the police or other appropriate authorities will be made immediately by the congregation elders if it is determined that a child is still at risk.

About time , too that they added this. But it is flawed. If an abuser has left the household presumably they won't report... but if he goes scot free - what about other kids in the community? The dubs don't care about them,it seems. He could attach himself to another cong and groom others......

14] During the investigation process and any subsequent congregation judicial committee hearing, a victim of child sexual abuse is not required to make her allegation in the presence of the alleged abuser.

Better , but they are not qualified to make the investigation anyway !

17] In some cases, the Service Department may specifically direct elders to inform parents of minors within the congregation of the need to monitor their children’s interaction with an individual who has engaged in child sexual abuse.

That is new to me.Is it only if the almighty Service Dept so direct?

It seems that they are being dragged kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century on this issue. Is it the threat of losing their charitable status? That would really mess them up !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - " Is it the threat of losing their charitable status?"

Gotta be.

Good way to fight 'em, too... good luck spinning having to "pay back Caesar's things to Caesar" as "persecution", after all.

I suspect losing said charitable status has the potential to hurt 'em way more than one might think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit