Do Jehovah's really have true Bible studies?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Frequently Asked Questions

If I accept a Bible study, will I be pressured to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

No. Jehovah’s Witnesses love teaching people about the Bible, but we never pressure anyone to join our religion. Rather, we respectfully present what the Bible says, recognizing that each person has the right to choose what he or she will believe.—1 Peter 3:15.

Really? The whole point of a Jehovah's Witness Bible Study is to use study aid publications written and prepared by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. You will be introduced to all their beliefs, doctrines and practices in this ''supposedly'' Bible Study. You can bring in your own Bible, but only their publications will be studied.

Does this study pressure you into joining and becoming a Jehovah's Witness? Do you have a right to believe what you choose to believe? Here is your answer:

Improving Our Skills in the Ministry​—Discontinuing Unproductive Bible Studies

WHY IMPORTANT: People must call on the name of Jehovah in order to be saved. (Ro 10:13, 14) Yet, not everyone who agrees to study the Bible wants to live by Jehovah’s standards. We make the best use of our precious time in the ministry by helping those who truly want to make changes to please Jehovah. If a Bible student does not make meaningful progress after a reasonable period of time, we wisely redirect our efforts to those whom Jehovah is drawing to him and his organization. (Joh 6:44) Of course, if at a future time the person gives evidence of being “rightly disposed for everlasting life,” we gladly resume his Bible study.​—Ac 13:48.

• Ding
    Ding

If you don't become a JW, you'll be wiped out by fireballs at Armageddon, but don't feel pressured to join...

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Should you tell your Bible study conductor on day 1 you will never become a Jehovah’s witnesses. That's the end of the Bible study.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Should you tell your Bible study conductor on day 1 you will never become a Jehovah’s witnesses. That's the end of the Bible study.

Right after telling them this then show the article that says JWs love to study the Bible with people. Demand your Bible study or let them know they have proved the Watchtower a liar.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

As far as I was concerned, JWs didn’t have true bible studies. What they HAVE with potential recruits are really ‘literature’ studies.

It was a study of the Do’s and Don’ts of their religion..Their bible was picked up now and then and a scripture would be read to supposedly ‘back up’ whatever teaching they were highlighting!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I agree with LongHairGal. It's not even a study. It is an indoctrination into Watchtower belief and dogma. The Watchtower version of a Bible study is an exercise in Biblical eisegesis versus exegesis.

eisegesis noun

eis·​ege·​sis | \ ˌī-sə-ˈjē-səs , ˈī-sə-ˌjē- \

plural eisegeses\ ˌī-​sə-​ˈjē-​ˌsēz , ˈī-​sə-​ˌjē-​ \

Definition of eisegesis

: the interpretation of a text (as of the Bible) by reading into it one's own ideas

— compare EXEGESIS

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

1 Referring to the Live Forever book, one woman exclaimed: “Next to the Bible itself, I have found this book to be the most accurate, inspiring, and motivating piece of literature I have ever read!” All of us agree that this book is one of the finest ever published to help people understand the Bible and especially to motivate them to become active praisers of Jehovah.

2 In 1982, the year the Live Forever book was released, 613,007 publishers were conducting 344,493 Bible studies in the United States. At present, 904,963 publishers conduct 585,441 Bible studies. To date, 62 million copies of the Live Forever book have been printed in 115 languages. What an impact this book is having on our worldwide work!

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

When JWs have made deliberate mistakes (such as Mathew 5:3; 25:46) in their NW Translation Bible to suit their own teaching, how can it be called Bible Study?

Mathew 25:46 is rendered in all Translations as: ““Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” (https://biblehub.com/matthew/25-46.htm)

Only NW Translation puts their own thought into it and distorts the whole meaning: “These will depart into everlasting cutting-off.” (https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/matthew/25/)

For more details:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5915507227099136/new-world-translation-much-different-other-translations

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Brother Brown Sweater : '' Tom, please read what Jesus said in the book of Matthew 24: 31-34! :

Tom reads: 31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.k

32 “Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near.l 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.m 34 Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.

Brother Brown Sweater: ''Tom, the generation that Jesus spoke about is composed of 2 groups, the first would "witness the start of Christ's presence" in 1914, "the start of the last days." The second group would "see the end of this system of things." Yet both groups, as contemporaries, are part of the same generation.''

Tom : '' I don't see where it says that, but since you say that this ''LIVE FOREVER'' book study is the most accurate, inspiring and the finest book ever published, it will take some time to fully understand that scripture.''

Brother Brown Sweater : ''You know that explanation may seem a little bit off the wall! We will read more chapters that will seem strange, impractical or illogical. But, with the Governing Body's direction and ''new light,'' you will understand the book study more clearly.''

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If I accept a Bible study, will I be pressured to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Yes. But a couple of things. It isn't a Bible study, it's a publication study. There is plenty of passive aggressive pressure to become a Jobot. Brainwashed? See........

"Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24). 24 In these closing days of wickedness Jehovah’s people must demonstrate holiness. They must not foul their minds with the filthy mental food on the propaganda tables of this old world, but must feed on the feast of fat things Jehovah provides. (Isa. 25:6; 28:8.) Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit