Do Jehovah's really have true Bible studies?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Right after telling them this then show the article that says JWs love to study the Bible with people. Demand your Bible study or let them know they have proved the Watchtower a liar...

Exactly @ truth b known

and see them get stucked lying for their masters

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yet, not everyone who agrees to study the Bible wants to live by Jehovah’s standards.

That statement bothered me. In subtle language they once again elevate themselves to God's place. A person if they so chose could live exactly by Bible standards and yet decline to become a JW. And as of yet I have seen nowhere that being a JW is the primary requirement for living by God's standards.

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

They never conduct true "Bible" studies.....they are WT publication studies.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    As far as I was concerned, JWs didn’t have true bible studies. What they HAVE with potential recruits are really ‘literature’ studies.

That's a great way to put it. And it's been like that since the beginning. Russell claimed that true understanding could only come by reading his Studies in the Scriptures books; that if you regularly read them, you wouldn't need to read the Bible at all. And if you didn't read SitS regularly, reading the Bible wasn't going to do you any good.

His ego was almost as big as Lloyd Evans's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit