DId you ever fall asleep at the meetings, Assemblys??

by karter 39 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When I was 19 I was appointed as a MS. That year's convention I had all sort of responsibilities. I got very little sleep. Sunday, during the last morning talk, I passed smooth out in my seat. I woke up in the middle of the song that concluded the morning session just before the afternoon intermission.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The toughest time for me was after Lunch in Assemblies/Conventions. Would feel so sleepy that I would get up and roam the corridors. Happy now, that I could doze off in my couch watching a boring movie, on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Yes!! But without closing my eyes. ... sleepy daydreams zzzźz

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

Oh yeah, especially at the assemblies. When I started going to foreign language assemblies, I'd just walk to my car when I got sleepy, pretend to tune into the program on the radio and snooze freely there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DId you ever fall asleep at the meetings, Assemblys??

No, but I saw plenty who did.

Lots of dead to the world JW`s, sawing logs at assemblies...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I saw one guy fast asleep at a meeting, fall out of his chair and land in the center aisle.

If you`re having trouble sleeping, go to a JW meeting or assembly.

Image result for businessman sleeping on floor

• jaydee
    jaydee
    KiwiBoy

A few years later the speaker was D/f for interfering with young boys.....maybe just as well I fell asleep

On the contrary ,....that could have been really dangerous......

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

At outdoor Conventions - when it was 90 and sitting in the sun at Phily.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

How about the folks that fall asleep at the meetings and start snoring?

• Akid48
    Akid48

all the time im a kid its boring to a 13 year old :/

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14
    If you`re having trouble sleeping, go to a JW meeting or assembly.

Lol this reminds me of what a pioneer sister with whom I was traveling to the convention told a brother who said he was having trouble sleeping. She told him to record the brothers giving the assembly talks, and that would help him sleep. The death stares she received were unforgettable. I think she must have been secretly awake at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit