Stumbling into the Single's Scene

by Robdar 71 Replies latest social relationships

• JeffT
    JeffT

OK, the last time I was out with some one other than Mrs T. was... um... thinking...1972? Jesus, that's scary. So my advice is second hand, some things that co-workers have done lately. Assuming you have one, take your cell phone. By pre-arrangement have a friend call when you're about 1/2 hour into your date. If you need to get out, you can "OH MY GOD WHAT HOSPITAL?" and run. A few years ago a divorced co-worker meet a guy who had responded to a singles ad at a bar. She knew right away she had to get out. She had a pager that she knew took about five minutes to respond to the call. She excused herself to go to the ladies room, went to the pay phone and paged herself instead. A few minutes later she's sitting back at the table when her pager goes off. She looked at the pager and said "one of our buildings is on fire" (we work in commercial real estate) "I have to go."

Don't mean to be negative, I hope it goes well for you, but the way things are these days you have to watch out.

A couple of people have said the guy will be a bit nervous. They're wrong, either he does this all the time or he's scared shitless.

• Aztec
    Aztec

What the....mac and friend, I don't know what to say. Well, okay, "grow up" comes to mind...I just don't get all this crazy infighting...:( ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit