Stumbling into the Single's Scene

by Robdar 71 Replies latest social relationships

• Robdar
    Robdar

As some of you are aware, I am getting a divorce. Tomorrow, I plunge back into the dating scene. I am a little nervous. Hell, I'm way nervous because I haven't been on a proper date in years.

Any suggestions as to what I might expect? Any suggestions on how to keep from running the guy off? How do you feel about kissing on the first date? That used to be a big no-no for me---didn't kiss a guy until the third date, but now I'm not sure. What if he has "russian hands and roman fingers"? Should I punch him out? What should I wear? We are going to Tanners, a bar/grill. Yikes I'm nervous. Maybe I should just cancel the date?

Robyn

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Rayzorblade recommends: go>

I'm sure it'll be a bit nerve-wracking, but considering you are newly divorced etc., it's like starting out again, only, you are so much more wiser and mature. Makes a big difference, and I'm sure you'll be fine. It'll take a bit of time to get comfortable, but you'll be fine.

Besides, you're one smart cookie, and you know what's proper for you.

If any guy gets all touchy-feely: yup...punch'm out

Most gentlemen will recognize a lady when they see one. He'll respect you and not take liberties towards you.

Enjoy the night out with 'someone' and let us know how it all went.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm sure it'll be a bit nerve-wracking, but considering you are newly divorced etc., it's like starting out again, only, you are so much more wiser and mature.

Rayzorblade ,

Wiser and mature? LOLOLOL, sure if you say so. I know one thing, I'm sure older than I was 14 years ago!

Enjoy the night out with 'someone' and let us know how it all went.

He seems like a nice guy, not bad looking either. He is 9 years older than me but has a good sense of humor and a great philosophy about life. If I like him, I'll probably see him again. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. Thanks for your good advice!

Love,

Robyn

• Mac
    Mac

Offer him some Scrumpy Jack and hope he doesn't puke..Yer welcome in advance for thanking me sooooooo much for posting! I'm turning myself in to Simon for stalking and waiting for Xena to scold me.

mac

• Robdar
    Robdar

Mac,

You really should get some help because all the alcohol that you drink hasn't killed the bug that crawled up your ass. Keep trying though! When your liver goes, so will that bug.

Nope, no need in thanking me for my advice.

Robyn

• Mac
    Mac

Thank you so much for posting!

mac

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

With an attitude like the one you just showed to Mac,

cancel the date......you got a whole lotta a healing to do lucy........

Oh and BTW, thank you for posting.

• Mac
    Mac

(((((nerfy))))) yer back!!

mac

• Robdar
    Robdar

Notperfectyet,

Who's lucy? So, it is okay for Mac to be an asshole and I am supposed to put up with it? By responding it shows I haven't healed yet? The last thing I am going to do is put up with a want to be man who likes to verbally abuse women. If I wanted abuse, I would have stayed with my husband. I think that it shows I have healed nicely.

I bet you are a fun date...not

Robyn

• Mac
    Mac

Go Robs..........this is the side of you we love!!!

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit