what sort of reactions have you gotten when talking to other jw when telling them the "truth about the truth"?

by AmIright 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    marked
  • TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

When I was really hurting, a car group of women stopped by to encourage me. They said they miss me. I immediately showed my disappointment with the society. I said, "I seen the lies with my own eyes! Here I will give you an example from the "Faith in Action" video! They lie all the time and I can prove it!"

At that moment, there faces turned to fear and they literally rushed out my door. Another couple in there 50's came by some time later, to figure out what was going on. I simply told them that I read some old publications and I didn't want to influence them. Then they fished around mentioning the pyramids. I finally told them that i can show them, but it takes a strong heart to handle it. The wife said, "It's probably best we don't know. We really need to get going."

I have said it before, if you were a die hard witness and then you vanish, the people literally fear you. Cognitive dissonance kicks into higher gear because they know you wouldn't leave without a good reason.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Lost a lot of "friends". A friend told me I'm on the wrong way but also don't like to discuss the topic. But, I could and can help a friend to awake. Amazing. So it's worth to talk about it.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    my sister was convinced ( I believe she has cooled now) that I was genuinely possessed by a demonic spirit, my wife said something similar! LOL
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    Anger and astonishment at the things I was saying. Squirming around scriptures that they were not that familiar with such as Rev 19:1 I saw a great crowd in heaven! My sister after discussing this for a while asked me quite blankly "do you want to go to heaven"? I was just trying to prove that the bible says the great crowd are in heaven not on earth. Also a lot of blank stares after asking about Noah's Ark, how did the animals get from the ark to the different countries they are now in? Eventually crying and running out of the room (from them) and of course lots of "you sound like an apostate"! We don't talk about it anymore.
  • ssn587
    ssn587
    I had a "friend" who upon my telling him I would no longer attend our current congregation dissolved into the conditional friends role of writing me off. Others on the death of my wife disappeared thankfully. I had spoken tatty to a couple of others prior to my going totally inactive, one for sure is still in the other unknown, never comes around, he however quit being a msg so I have hopes he quit them, his brother went inactive and joined the USAF reserve so, something caused his disaffection for the Borg. They just can't handle facts which collide with their unsubstantiated beliefs.
  • talesin
    talesin

It's only been my parents. Their denial had that extra sprinkling of guilt ... "our perfect daughter and now she is a filthy hippy and mentally diseased apostate ,,, and she's divorced, the HORROR! It's just not the done thing in our family."  But I am the crazy one, not them.. oh no.

I'm with Calvin & Hobbes on this one.

Image result for denial

As far as the fam is concerned, I destroyed their Pleasantville.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Outlaw, back when I first really learned about the WTBTS, TTATT and I made the all too common mistake of believing the indoctrinated were capable of critical thinking, I would show or tell my husband things about it, and he would literally do exactly as your monkey picture! I was completely dumbfounded ( and scared!) when he literally did this. He would also yell, get a crazed look in his eyes, literally run away... all of these common things... I finally learned not to keep trying like that.

Now almost 5 years later, I feel he is waffling enough that maybe he has a chance for the JW shell to begin cracking. His mind might just be starting to work on that cognitive dissonance. I wish I knew for sure...

Our marriage therapist is a former Catholic priest. This therapist is the first one that has actually gotten through to my husband about some pretty serious issues ( EX:his bad sleep habits are serious and no other Dr or therapist could convince him to act upon them, until this guy. ) My husband allows him, and even seems to appreciate him, to pray for us and with us at the end of each session. Now for a JW indoctrinated mind that is a pretty huge step out of the "box" isn't it?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My mom started freaking out.

Then she started crying.

Then she started praying.

I don't go down that road anymore.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wish I could say that Outlaw's post would be just a joke, but I literally got that reaction.
    (And I use the word "literally" literally.)

what sort of reactions have you gotten when talking to other jw when telling them the "truth about the truth"?

...................Image result for la la la la la i cant hear you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit