So I just watched Jackson's ARC interview...

by schnell 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Watching the video brought something to mind that I hadn't thought of before. The WT has set up a trial system in effect, which investigates, receives testimony, and administers justice. Maybe that's permissible for internal church matters, but when the subject is something illegal under the laws of the country, the WT trial system acts outside the law. Especially when a victim continues to suffer and does not receive redress, the matter should go directly to the real courts. The WT judicial system doesn't meet the rigors of the courts, as the elders have no training in the law. They have no business passing judgment on legal matters.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Smiddy - "...no such words were forthcoming, his eyes looked like a deer caught in the headlights, and he was completely lost for words."

Bet he wanted a good stiff drink when he got home that day.

I felt zero sympathy for those half-wits when they were under the hot lights.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Bowditch comes across as so stupid that it would be laughable if it were not so serious. To think that a dimwit like him would be on a judicial committee regarding abuse victims is a travesty.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

And look how Bowditch blusters and fluffs himself up, all full of himself, only to be torn down again, fallen, defeated, and finally admitting the true facts after Mr. Stewart's, calm, masterful and relentless expert questioning. (Mr.Stewart is my new hero, too!!!)

Gawd, this ARC hearing should be a TV series!!! People would be aghast to think this is real testimony from members of a seemingly innocuous religion (Cult).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Smiddy - "... Bowditch blusters and fluffs himself up, all full of himself, only to be torn down again, fallen, defeated..."

Here's a news flash, WT reps...

..."worldly" lawyers aren't sheep.

They're sharks.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It is possible that during his questioning, Bowditch was, for the first time, presented with ideas he had never thought of before - ie. ... that children outside of the religion also need protecting from JW sexual predators.

Maybe some seeds were planted that day. I like to think so. I also think he was trying to figure out how not to perjure himself but at the same time, not get DF'ed from the religion. Oh what tangled web they weave.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "...I also think he was trying to figure out how not to perjure himself, but at the same time, not get DFed..."

Oh, so this.

I kept half-expecting his head to go kablooie like that poor f**ker in Scanners.

I bet he and the rest of 'em all breathed a huge collective sigh of relief when Jackson finally showed up, just 'cause the hot lights wouldn't be on them anymore.

:laughing:

• Heaven
    Heaven

Vidiot said: I kept half-expecting his head to go kablooie like that poor f**ker in Scanners.

You could smell the burning. And I'm in Canada.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The jobos at the ARC were all beating about the bush to ensure they didn't make their most holy leaders, the GB look like twits. They didn't have to worry, pope whacko Jacko accomplished that all on his own.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "You could smell the burning. And I'm in Canada."

You and me on both counts, babe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit