So I just watched Jackson's ARC interview...

by schnell 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yup.

Jackson got baptized at 13, quit school at 14, and now he heads up the writing department of a worldwide corporation.

Good gig if ya can land it.

Nice suit too.

• Heaven
    Heaven

And the rambling! Oh god, answer the question you politicking bastard.

They are Teflon Men. Smarmy, slimy, it's-not-my-problem, f*ck-tards.

When I found out the extent of the pedophilia going on in this religion, and how the men of authority in it dealt with this, it sickened me. I am embarrassed that some of my family are in this putrid cult.

Angus Stewart did an awesome job. In my email to him I commended their work. I wondered how they had the energy to deal with all of this. If you are interested, I will post the content of my letter.

From Angus Stewart, I learned of the conditions, what Angus called 'a perfect storm of conditions within Jehovah's Witnesses', that allow pedophilia to flourish. I have to say that I've added Angus to my list of heroes. Here is a graphic I created of that info:

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I would love to see the content of that letter.

As I watched the commission proceedings, and Angus Stewart nailed all the intricacies of the life of a JW, sliced it, diced it and served it on a platter right back to the foul men who first dished it out, it was like watching your favorite team score goal after goal and shut out the other team.

I was euphoric that someone actually "got it" and also could do something about it.

If that man had a jersey, I would wear it on every single casual Friday.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Grreat Teacher said: I would love to see the content of that letter.

I know many sent letters so perhaps others would like to share theirs here as well. I have removed my real name and replaced it with my JWN id. Here is my email:

Dear Mr. Stewart,

Thank you so very much for all you, Hon Justice Peter McClellan, and the rest of the Royal Commission team are doing in the investigation of institutional responses to child sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am very impressed with your professional manner and depth of knowledge of this organization. Remaining composed during this is an amazing task you all manage to accomplish very well. This must be very difficult, if not exhausting.

I was raised in this religion but chose not to join for a number of reasons, misogyny being one of them. It has been a tough road where my Witness family are concerned.

I once started to document the known child abusers within this religion reported online from various news sources and after page one I had to stop as I was becoming physically ill.

Most Witnesses are unaware of the magnitude of the issue of child abuse as it is kept secret from them. They are not warned that there are abusers amongst them and are encouraged not to listen to outside sources of information including the news media. When they do hear of it, they believe these sources are telling lies or that the cases are very few. Preventing the "dragging of Jehovah's name through the mud" is really more important to this group than actually protecting people.

My Father once told me that children in Africa born with HIV must be pre-destined to be sinners in Jehovah's eyes after I challenged his idea that Jehovah is loving but then allows a child in utero to contract HIV. My parents also accused me of provoking a man at work who was harassing me. They felt I must have done something for this man to be behaving this way. I assured them I had not.

I have always hoped that the laws of various countries would change to remove the harmful, damaging, and destructive aspects of fundamentalist type religions and groups. There is more than child abuse going on within many of these, the Witnesses included.

I wish you and the RC much success in bringing about positive change. When a group is based on outdated principles such as Patriarchy, various abuses seem to abound. If laws are not enacted, though, as a result of these investigations, The Watchtower will not adopt any changes. Their authority is their interpretation of the Bible unless there is a law which prohibits them from using the Bible literally. They will view this investigation as persecution by Satan.

Regards,
    Heaven

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The ARC was a much-needed investigation. Many thanks to QC Angus Stewart and Justice McClellan.

And it wasn't just Jackson on the stand getting grilled - there were several window-washer, janitor-type elders and DOs being grilled.

Check out the following exchange between Stewart and some nobody numbnuts called Kevin Bowditch.

Stewart questions him superbly, so that Bowditch takes 10 seconds to answer the reasonable question: 'you don't take any steps to protect children outside the church from potential re-offending of paedophiles?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9DqHB5dUA

• Heaven
    Heaven

LUHE, thank you for posting that clip of Bowditch. I do commend him for at least finally, and truthfully, answering the question. You can tell from his body and facial reactions as well as his tone of voice that he knows not protecting children outside of the religion doesn't look good at all.

It was many times difficult, painful, and infuriating to watch these proceedings. A couple of times Angus and Peter McClellan had to get themselves back under control as they started to get angry. They know the emotions have to remain separate to be effective. It must be brutal having to do this work.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Kudos to schnell for posting this. Thanks

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Almost everything Jackson said in his RC appearance made me think: "you deceitful sack of shit"...

• smiddy
    smiddy

You can just see kevin Bowditch waiting for the Holy spirit to put words in his mouth, { when hailed before governments and kings , Gods holy spirit will put words in your mouth }

However no such words were forthcoming , His eyes looked like a deer caught in the headlights , and he was completely lost for words .

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Smiddy > You can just see kevin Bowditch waiting for the Holy spirit to put words in his mouth, { when hailed before governments and kings , Gods holy spirit will put words in your mouth }
    However no such words were forthcoming , His eyes looked like a deer caught in the headlights , and he was completely lost for words .

Maybe Bowditch didn't make enough hours to receive some divine backing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit