I've begun reading the Qur'an

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've reached the point where I feel legitimate comment needs to be backed by knowledge of the source.

I'll post occasional updates on how I'm doing and what I'm learning . . .

• prologos
    prologos

Is there a concordance one can purchase? cross references?

added, if not. start one.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Excellent idea
  • Simon
    Simon

I'm going to call you Jihadi Nic from now on.

Seriously, I've thought of doing this myself but then I think about how pointless it is knowing the bible to argue a point - the books themselves say completely contradictory things and just allow the reader to pick the parts they want to follow.

The only reason we ignore parts of the bible and follow others isn't because the bible tells us to, it's because society has decided which parts are acceptable.

The answers aren't in the books IMO.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Salaamu alaykum, brother.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I have the Quram on my shelve ... never opened it.

Eden

• talesin
    talesin

Great idea! I read parts of it when I was in my 20s, and interested in what other religions taught / believed. It can be difficult to wrap one's head around another culture's mindset - knowledge is power. Also, the more I learned about the topic, the similarities of world religions became apparent.

Looking forward to your updates/insights.

t :sunglasses:

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Nic, I tried once, I couldn't get through it - makes the bible look rational.
  • cofty
    cofty

Digest version - Allah is the dog's bollocks. Everybody who doesn't agree is a piece of shit and will burn in hell for all eternity and once their skin is all burned off Allah will give them new skin so he can burn them some more for ever and ever amen. The end.

P.S. - If you wife is really annoying you should beat her.

• blondie
    blondie
    Just be sure to read it in context...something the WTS never encouraged. If you do make quotes, can you post here the version you are reading?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit