I've begun reading the Qur'an

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    You a right X it is Surah, not Surat that the 'books' of the Quran are called.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

The older I get the more I'm realizing that the basic flaw in religion is two fold. The unprovable and the unknown.

1) Any religion based on any book puts full trust in that book as truly being 'Inspired' and not just any man's or group of men's musings and assorted conclusions and selected narratives. They therefore claim to have a 'divine commission'..a claim which is unprovable.

2) Any/all religion has as it's basis earthly origins or ideology. It uses fear of the unknown to exercise control.

ie unless 'a God/Higher Power' actually physically speaks to the world it all comes down to belief/trust in men and a belief that only one religion is the 'true religion', when really no religion is the true one....

religion is therefore inherently divisive and a breeding ground for extremism. unless a divine power ( if it exists at all!) intervenes, religions are able to build up a constructed historical basis and a future based on transient ideology. Basically religion is deceptive. It claims to be authentic when there is no tangible method to prove authenticity. 'Religion being the opium of the masses' increasingly rings true.

Please excuse my rambling....!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    It's a 5th Century book of Mormon. Funny how these cult leaders had soo many sex partners.....God/allah wants you to be my wife.
  • johnny depp
    johnny depp
    why? I strongly recommend that you read: The Watchtower Society, Organizational Misbehavior by Gabriel H Ibarra. It has a section on the Koran, worth every penny.
  • cofty
    cofty
    It's £36- and the summary on LULU is very badly written. Doesn't bode well for the expensive book
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Ugh, I've read it before. If you thought the book of Deuteronomy was repetitive and BORING as **** then you'll be astounded to find out there's a book even WORSE!

On the flip side, it's not really that long. And at least it has a somewhat consistent narrative.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    As with the Christian Bible, there are many, many different translations of the Qu'ran. Both the Bible and Qu'ran are based on the social system of Patriarchy. And that pretty much says it all.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    You might as well read it, half the world will be Muslim in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit