How did you feel after writing a Disassociation letter?

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A while back Vinnie Vincent uploaded a great video about not writing a DA letter, about not playing their games.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You don't owe these guys anything. To think that they talk about you and judge you behind your back...make them work for ''it''. Make them work their buts off for it.

I agree with the others. Don't volunteer anything. Especially in writing.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I think people should leave the Watchtower on whatever terms suit them (the people leaving not the WTBS).

Wife and I DA'd almost a year after we stopped JW related activity. Both of us were converts, I had no JW relatives, wife only had two and we didn't see them very often. Both of us wanted to be on record as leaving because we didn't believe in what they taught, nor did we accept them as having any authority in our lives.

We told them we knew they would make an announcement. They could say we'd left, if we found out they'd said anything else we'd take legal action (and I had a lawyer if we needed him). We also attached about thirty pages of research telling them why we would not accept their authority on anything.

It felt good.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I wrote my Disassociation letter because prior to that when I started to doubt, my JW frriends (So called) challenged me that I don’t have the guts to write a Disassociation letter and lose eternal Life.

On the day of my Dis association announcement, I told my active JW wife to Skip the meeting. I Dialed in and heard the good news announcement of my Dis association.

A great sense of relief and true happiness, since then

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Update: I was slightly incorrect in saying that the "UN letter literally uses the word "disassociated" in regards to its action to the WT." I notice that the letter says the WT contacted the UN to request termination of its association with the DPI (a department of the UN). But the UN letter also does say that the DPI made the decision to "disassociate" the WT! See https://www.un.org/en/civil-society/watchtowerletter .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LAMALLCOOL:

Over the years there have been very many discussions on this forum about this topic. I’m sure in the future there will be more since this question comes up every now and then.

There are two schools of thought. Either a person does a ‘Fade’ or they ‘Disassociate’. Both are correct in the sense one is not more ‘right’ than the other. It depends entirely on the circumstances of the persons involved. I can see the reasons for both. I have always admired those who have written a DA letter and especially admire those who are able to do it like the poster JEFF above. Others choose to ‘Fade’ because they have JW family or friends.

What’s sad is when some people DA (possibly because they acted rashly) and sound angry at people who do a ‘Fade’, imagining they are getting away with something or have it ‘easy’.

Nowadays, people who ‘Fade’ are shunned almost the same as a DFd person. It’s not like years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit