How did you feel after writing a Disassociation letter?

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I might do it one day.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Don't see the point. You are just living or leaving by their rules. What (outside the Borg) is a disassociation letter?

If you want to leave, at least make it difficult for them.

• Gorb
    Gorb

My father, a jw elder, told me, "never put something on paper, they will catch you".

G.

• badcompany
    badcompany

I felt relieved when my wife and I both wrote it back in 1993. I wrote it to one elder I respected and two I didn't. One was a life long friend. They were going to df me anyway. They made up their mind and I knew it. I'm not good at repenting.

Slidin, I understand your point but when your born in, sometimes it's important to make your point with people you've spent your whole life with and once considered a good friend.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

A letter of disassociation is very similar to a resignation letter in content as well as purpose.

I wrote a da letter because I didn't want to be recognized or still registered as a member of Jehovah's Witnesses. I wrote an official letter so it is clear I am not one of them.

Your last sentence is the way of thinking that is confusing. Why make it difficult for the religion you left? It seems as if there is still a lot of emotion wrapped up in your heart. Just officially leave and move on.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@Op whatever you choose. I did write and submit my DA letter. Those who received it, were shocked. It was unexpected and the timing was a crazy one too. I stated emphatically, I am disassociating. Just as silentbudha placed it.

Make sure you have your reference copy.

You are just living or leaving by their rules

Whenever I see the words in bold above, when an organization is lawless or carry on lawlessness it is not a way or rule for one to be lawless or carry on lawlessness like them.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

A benefit of writing a disassociation letter is so that you can be on record as no longer being a part of the false lying non-prophet religion. You can show your copy of that document to people to clear your name of reproach (in the eyes of non-JWs) by showing you are no longer a part of the severely messed up WT/JW religion. In the minds of some non-JWs there is probably more honor for people who formally disassociate from the WT and its religion than in being disfellowshipped/expelled from the WT/JW religion and from informally quitting the WT/JW religion.

If you start writing anti-WT books you can include a copy of the disassociation letter in your book.

The disassociation letter could possibly even save one's life (and prevent one from becoming imprisoned for being a JW) in a country (such as Russia) in which the WT/JW religion is under ban.

Consider this: Though the WT claims they ended their status as an NGO of the UN, a document on the UN website says that the UN itself disassociated the WT! Perhaps both groups mutually disassociated each other, but I think it is interesting that the UN letter literally uses the word "disassociated" in regards to its action to the WT.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Haven’t written one. I have no intention of writing one because I’ve reached an amicable point with my PIMI JW family. I also can’t see the the point of it either.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    I have written two DA letters but have not sent either one. If I outlive my two remaining JW immediate family members, then soon after neither one of them is still alive I will submit a resignation letter (aka DA letter) to both the KH and to the headquarters of the JW religion. I have written part of a book promoting conversion from supernaturalism to atheistic naturalism (though not mentioning the WT or the JW religion). If I ever finish the book I will probably submit the resignation letter before proceeding to get the book published. If I get the book published while at least one of my JW family members is still alive, I probably will have to have the book published anonymously. But, my pride in my book makes me want to have the book mention me as its author. Furthermore, even if the book is published anonymously, the WT might eventually find out that I am its author.
  • Overrated
    Overrated

Why bother? Why give them the satisfaction? I just stopped all Jw activities. Sure they ask me to return, but why bother to beening treated like crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit