What is funny, is they just don't get it!

by Sprocket 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am so sorry.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I am very sorry to hear about all of your losses...the death of your mother, and the disrespectful attitude of your children who shun you.

It never ceases to amaze me how the shunning takes precidence over the loving, caring, compassionate choice that would seem so obvious to anyone else.

How do they sleep at night, I wonder?

• undercover
    undercover

First of all, my condolences on the loss of your mother. It is a hard thing to lose a parent.

My son asked me to step outside the hospital room, and proceeded to tell me it was nothing personal but if I continued in my 'state' he would have nothing to do with me.

How much more personal can it get?

I came to realize how shunning was anti-christian at hospitals and funerals where friends and family are dying and inter-action with DF'd relatives was necessary. I saw how DF'd ones were ignored, mistreated and thought to myself, "If Jesus was here, he would not treat such ones this way at this point in their life". How one can treat someone so thoughlessly and think they have God's approval proves the point of your subject line, "They just don't get it".

• sandy
    sandy

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I hope you are doing ok.

I keep hearing all these stories about how you are shunned from family members. It really breaks my heart. I hope your family comes to their senses.

It must be extremely hard when you are being shunned by your very own kids or parents. I admire your strength.

If Jesus was here, he would not treat such ones this way at this point in their life". How one can treat someone so thoughlessly and think they have God's approval proves the point of your subject line, "They just don't get it".
    How true this is. It is amazing, with all the teaching about Jesus and the love he showed humankind it still does not open their eyes. Can you imagine Jesus treating someone with such disrespect and carelessly at any time especially at a time like this?
  • leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

My father and brother( among others) treat me the exact same way. When I last saw them at a family reunion, my brother pretended there was nothing but air where I was standing. My father finally walked up to me and gave me the same exact line "If you come back then we will talk to you."

I basically told him that I have a new "family" now that treats me better then my old one ever did, plus I am WAY happier now. So why would I want to be someone I am not and play by their rules just so they can treat me like crap again?

Apparently, this hurt him a great deal, from what I heard later from my uncle. Truth hurts.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Sometimes it gives me great pleasure when I say something along these lines to someone that has wronged me or insulted me or wants nothing to do with me and then I hear later on that what I said really stuck in the heart and mind and has caused them emotional pain. It's like my little revenge.

Nothing hurts like the truth baby.

• DJ
    DJ

(((((((Sprocket)))))))) Welcome. I am treated the same way even by my unbaptized brother. I was never even baptized as a jw! I oppose their false teachings, that's all. My family has had "family business" (my dad is dying) and they look like they are going to burst with hate when they see me. My dad welcomes me though, with love. What was that again that our Lord taught us about even loving our ememies and blessing those who curse you? That's all you need to do to have peace in your heart. They are miserable and blind and refuse to obey the master. Please do, finish your story in another thread. love, dj

p.s. So sorry about your mom. I have the same sadness in my heart.

• shamus
    shamus

Utterly disgusting. Absolutley have no natural love....

"This is how you will know ... if they have love between one another...."

"Love your enemies"

Those quotes may not be correct, but you all get it. Just disgusting.

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Sprocket))))) How incomprehensible.

Please keep on being patient with your kids. This story really isn't over yet... one day they could join YOU (especially if trends continue as they are).

I'm so thankful for the fact that your mother wasn't spiritually blind. That was a real blessing, that she would be able to discern the truth about love even on her deathbed. Now SHE was a REAL 'witness'!

bebu

• outnfree
    outnfree

I'm sorry, ((((((((((Sprocket)))))))))))! So many hurts! JWs have so little regard for the feelings of others. THEY are the "hard-hearted" ones!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit