1) We are short this month on funds

2) You are not reaching out.

3)The widow mite.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    What??? The widow has mites?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hoser: I don't know what it is about because I missed the meeting . I'll have to ask around

What? You start a conspiracy theory thread about an upcoming meeting and then you don't even go to give a full report?

Not cool!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

There is nothing worse than having the asshole Elders give a local needs talk, and its about YOU. Talk about having the OPPOSITE affect. It makes you want to not step foot in the KH, and just pushes you further out the door.

When i was a teenager, to very early 20's, the Elders gave local needs talks, ranging from, Heavy metal music to playing paintball.

The elder who gave the talk about "heavy Metal" music, had NO CLUE what he was talking about. It was ridiculous, he actually referenced Nirvana as being "heavy metal", and saying they have DISGUSTING lyrics about eating cancer, lol. All the idiots in the congregation audibally "gasped" out loud, it was so STUPID, lol.

Then the Elder giving the "local needs" on how WRONG it was to play paintball, was all "fire and brimstone". Saying how "evi", and "warlike" it was. The kick in the but was, however, that the same Elder giving that talk WAS A SPORT HUNTER. He even had a "trophy room", in his spare bedroom, with stuffed/taxidermied animals, like bears, geese, racoons, foxes, pheasants, and many other "dead bodies". I dont care about the fact that someone hunts for sport, i wouldnt do it, but i WONT judege YOU for it. So it WAS ok to use REAL GUNS and chase after animals, and blow their brains out, while dressed in orange camoflauge, and then gut open the dead animals with a knife, and skin and butcher them, BUT you couldnt have a few "brothers" chase each other around, have fun, and shoot paint at each other with FAKE paintball guns. Jehovah doesnt like THAT.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Dunedain: There is nothing worse than having the asshole Elders give a local needs talk, and its about YOU. Talk about having the OPPOSITE affect. It makes you want to not step foot in the KH, and just pushes you further out the door.

well said! I've seen this happen.

• hoser
    hoser
    It looks like it is teenagers doing teenager things. Looks like one dfing that I know of. I didn't ask around for details but it was mentioned by the elders during the meeting this morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit