Don't count on witnessing Watchtower's demise anytime soon.

by Roger Kirkpatrick 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

The fact that there are POMI ex-JWs who have been disfellowshiped or inactive for years who still live in constant fear of Armageddon indicates that Watchtower will manage to exist in one way or another for years, if not decades, to come. Watchtower, like all other religious cults, operate on the premise that "you can fool some of the people ALL of the time...and that's enough!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree. I don't think Mr Zalkin's firm suing the corporation and the govbod, will doom them.

What I'd really hope for is an end to the '2 witness rule' and mandatory reporting of pederasts to the police.

If that's what comes out of it, it's still a result.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Fear of Armageddon was hardwired into my brain. It took many years to remove that fear

• Giordano
    Giordano

(1) As communities learn about the pedophile problem and the cover up a JW knocking on your door is going to be as welcome as a Catholic priest knocking on your door.

(2) It's an aging group of members with few conversions. The newly baptized are children who were born in. Many leave at an older age or lack any real commitment.

(3) The WTBTS are masters of painting themselves into a corner. It gets messy when they have to offer 'new lite'. And a once cherished belief must be dropped such as the 'This generation....."

(4) Talk about painting yourself in a corner........ explain the newly growing new anointed showing up at the Memorial.

(5) The internet: "Thank you for the bible study but I've researched the internet and nothing you claim as the truth is true."

(6) The Blood doctrine! The only religion that insists on No Blood. If a clear number of deaths, due to the lack of a life saving blood transfusion, were made known it would number well into the thousand's Just 1000 per year world wide since 1945 comes to 73,000 needless deaths.

(7) Because of needless deaths there's a lot of pissed off people in the world.

(8) JW.ORG? You've got to be kidding.

(9) Massive Disfellowships and shunning for nonsense issues can destroy families. Shunning a person who wants to exercise their freedom from a religion indicates how weak and scared this religion really is.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, religions dont die that easily.

Religion = Fear of Life X fear of death

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The last Jehovah's Witness will look sadly out of the window of her/his care Home, and think, I wonder how long before the End ? ". Sadly, that person will meet their end before The End, and won't get a resurrection in to a new System either.

POMI JW's might still believe the rubbish, but mostly do not contribute $$$,

Lack of $$$ will kill the Org in the end, it is my fervent hope I live to see it !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nowwhat? - "Fear of Armageddon was hardwired into my brain. It took many years to remove that fear"

I guess I was lucky...

...I don't remember ever being all that scared of it, because as a child, I behaved myself and followed the rules...

...and as I got older, I almost looked forward to it (I'm embarrassed to admit), as it had become my own personal supernatural revenge fantasy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The thread title said " anytime soon" ....that is the key. I suspect they can reinvent doctrine to explain why Armageddon is perpetually "soon" . Their lawyers and accountants can keep the business side going gor some years to come.

Eventually, I am sure it will wind up. Surely the years of big growth are over but there are 8 million devout dubs who dont want to know the truth about "the truth"

Eventually, though as Gamaliel said, it will wind up since it is NOT from God ( Acts chapt.5)

I

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

isnt there a bible verse that says " a day is a thousand years with jehovah" or words to that effect.

so--if armageddon is coming " any day soon"---think of the previous sentence.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

To add to my previous post...

...I like to think Roland Emmerich movies helped cure me of that particular fantasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit