Developments in the India Branch

by MaxPayne 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The memorial stats are a joke. The count is a just a form of propaganda the Borg loves to publish. I would like to see the WT publish a figure on how many attend the memorial just to please a close relative.

How many memorial attendees actually don’t give a shit, and will definitely never identify as JW?

I know of quite a few that attend the memorial but despise the WT with a passion. Jehovah’s statistical chariot loves them!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The memorial stats are a joke. The count is a just a form of propaganda the Borg loves to publish. I would like to see the WT publish a figure on how many attend the memorial just to please a close relative.

There is some truth to that comment and I would also guess that the same principle would apply to the SDA / LDS as well. Which by extension of that would suggest that all 3 faiths have an equal ACTIVE membership of any where from 10-20 million a peice. There certainly wouldn’t be much in it. The SDA and particularly the lds are significantly more wealthy than the JWs, and will probably have a longer shelf life (and more prepared for the future )than the JWs. I believe in the coming years it will be the SDA that will become the dominant of the 3 faiths, although having a similar kind of doctrine to the JWs.

The thing that is killing Mormon numbers, is just their bizarre doctrine. To be fair if you think JWs have some bizarre beliefs and lies then I suggest you try the lds faith. Many of which has been brought to light by the info age.

• blankspace
    blankspace

Bumping this thread with a short note as I just have a few minutes while on a work break.

1. The India branch will begin using literature again since digital publications don't really work in the majority of the country.

2. The GB didn't know how illiterate Indians in general are and they were misinformed - hence the earlier shutdown of the printery. Now that they are aware of the need for literature, they are focusing on existing literature to start off and then will get literature orders again. Another letter was read out to congregations recently - I'll try to get a copy and post it online.

3. Literature will be shipped from abroad and not printed in India.

4. Increased focus on covering unassigned territory especially in the North of the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit