Developments in the India Branch

by MaxPayne 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

The Governing Body is maybe be concerned by what happened recently with the bethel of Russia and fear that the same may happen in the near future with the Bethel of India.

Or it may be that the sale of the Indian bethel somehow compensates for the loss suffered by the seizure of the Russian bethel.

Who knows ?

• carla
    carla

They are seriously asking regular jw's to offer a loan?!!! is this something new? Can they charge interest? (I imagine not)

Do jw's in the western world know about this? would they find it odd?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Nope its not new and yes it happens in the usa. The they discourage you from getting your money back

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Are any of you able to make a specific donation toward this need? Your donation can be placed in the contribution box marked “Worldwide Work” in your Kingdom Hall. Or are some of you in a position to make a conditional donation or loan until the branch is sold and then your donation would be returned to you?

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” - Zion’s Watch Tower July 1879

Personally, I find the idea of a billion dollar publishing company asking poor Indian brothers for money so they can further their own cause to be sickening.

• cofty
    cofty
    When the old branch is sold more than enough money will be available, but we will need to pay for the new branch office before the old branch is sold.

So let HQ put up an interest-free loan. Simple.

Any loans made by the R&F will not be repaid without a long fight.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

'Course they're gonna want to build more KHs.

Can't sell 'em if they don't exist yet.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

As an Indian and seeing the reality before my eyes, I wish to clarify

cofty: So let HQ put up an interest-free loan. Simple.

According to the Indian Government's order passed in 2000, Watchtower in India cannot receive any funds (not even a cent) from any other country in the world. Anything that comes has to come from Indian field.

Personally, I find the idea of a billion dollar publishing company asking poor Indian brothers for money so they can further their own cause to be sickening. -pale.emperor

WT in US maybe a billion dollar corporation, but due to government restrictions on foreign funds, that means nothing for the Indian branch.

Prima facie, it looks that Indian JW's are poor. But JW's living the metros of India are wealthy enough to keep the work going. Many in India predicted that WT India would not survive even one year without the foreign funds, but the work plodded along for 18 years. JW's in India have their own pool of wealthy JW's to necessitate the shortfall of any kinds of funds.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Very interesting dreary... it gives some needed context. If brooklyn isnt allowed to send money then the letter makes a lot more sense

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Urgent need for more kingdom halls?! They pulled that crap in the U.S.3 years ago .

• freddo
    freddo

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” - Zion’s Watch Tower July 1879

Well they're getting closer to "suspending publication".

Just ten years ago it was two 32 page Watchtowers a month. Each printed in the tens of millions.

Now it will be one study copy for how many JW's? Plus a crappy one every so often for the "ministry."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit