Tonight country boy Amer. Idol gets the boot!

by morrisamb 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• sandy
    sandy

Carmen was bad I know. But she has potential. If she gets a good vocal coach I really think she could have success in country music.

I am sorry but I do not think any of the contestants were worse than Nikki McKibbin.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Nikki could sing a little bit of country, but oh, she was so beautiful...I think Corey (who got tossed this year for something or other) was worse than her..his voice was like nails on a chalkboard!

• shera
    shera

I don't care if Clay is gay or not.I hope he wins....

• Mulan
    Mulan
    So no offense meant Mulan, "I am what I am..."

I don't care if Clay is gay or not, but I still thinks it's mean to tag someone like that. It used to hurt my son so much when the kids at school labeled him as gay. I think a person who isn't gay, is not going to appreciate being called "gay". It's my opinion. Maybe he is gay, but what if he isn't? You might be wrong, Morris.

My son was very shy, and was also a performer, sensitive, soft features, etc. He is nearly 24 now, married, and was never attracted to guys. He sure was tormented by everyone gay or not, who thought he was. Even one of his cousins (a psychologist) thought he might be gay. So even the so called experts can be wrong.

I am sensitive to this subject because he was bullied for it and we spent years building his self esteem because of the insults and tormenting he received, wrongly!!!!!!!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

(((((Mulan)))))

That must have been hard for your son to be wrongfully persecuted and labeled as "gay" simply because of some of his tendencies or characteristics. While there is nothing wrong with being homosexual, to be called one when you are a straight man would be a hurtful experience. I can imagine as a teenager who is not yet comfortable with themselves that a scenario such as that would do significant damage to his self-esteem and make him question himself and perhaps even wonder the proverbial "Is something wrong with me?"

Like it or not, it is discrimination. Just like people are stereotyped for whatever race they may be in some instances, so are people quick to judge and label someone's sexual orientation based solely on some trivial characteristics such as physical build and hairstyle.

Would a homosexual man like to be labeled as skinny and a weakling in all instances? Not all gay me are skinny and weak. I suppose if I were to use an accurate example on this website I would say joelbear. He is not skinny and weak, and he is homosexual. You see, no matter what the situation, be it sexual preference, age, race, etc., people should not be conveniently labeled and categorized because it is all too often an incorrect stigma.

I would imagine that homosexual men who so often suffer from discrimination and insults would be more sensitive so as not to judge others and thereby discriminate in the same way against someone else. Protests and rallies are held against discrimination and stereotyping. How does it help the cause when you do it to others yourself? Can anyone say hypocrite?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Like it or not, it is discrimination.

Thanks, Reborn. You said it all very well. I was also thinking of Joel, a perfect example of the non-stereotype. We had a neighbor for many years who was gay. He looked like a football player, very handsome, rugged and muscular. His frequent roomies were more the stereotype of a gay man. We liked him and talked to him often, before he moved away, and wouldn't have thought he was gay if he hadn't told us and if we hadn't seen the men he roomed with.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Let me tread carefully here.

I've never seen even a minute of American Idol, so I would not presume to know Clay from Josh or Simon. But I would like to weigh in on the "gay" issue. When I was in high school I was extremely quiet and introverted. I was very slightly built (oh for a 28" waist again) and I never once asked a girl out. So naturally I was labeled "fag". So much so that the word still makes me cringe.

I have a great deal of sympathy with you Mulan and for your son. I've been there and those words take a long time to heal. Personally I would never use that word and not just because it was hurtful to me, but because I would never want to intentionally hurt someone else.

Having said that, I do think that gay men (and women) can oftentimes find each other. I think that they are used to seeing beneath the surface and live a double life. Many times their sexuality is hidden. I've read accounts of how a look, or an eyebrow or just a meaningful glance can signal their intentions. It's so sad that this skill has had to be developed, but I do believe it exists. I do believe a gay man can "spot" another.

Is he gay? I don't know and ultimately it doesn't matter. I'd like to think that in 100 years or so, words like "fag" or other racists labels will not be used and will not be hurtful.

So who is Simon and why is he so mean?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I never understood these sorts of shows. I don't care for them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit