Tonight country boy Amer. Idol gets the boot!

by morrisamb 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• Aztec
    Aztec

I think Josh sounded great when he stuck to country songs. He's got a really good voice for it. Clay and Ruben will be the final two I think but Kimberly is very good too! We'll see... ~Aztec

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Ryan the host is much cuter...I agree, Josh's singing on the second song was superb, but he did have a lot of misses. And Trencye had the diva part down pat.

But I would only buy records from Reuben and Kimberley...Clay has a beautiful voice, pitch perfect, but not enough soul for me...though I think it will "come out" soon..hee hee

• Mulan
    Mulan
    though I think it will "come out" soon..hee hee

That is just a mean thing to imply. Just because a man is artistic and sensitive and slightly built, does not make him gay. People used to think that of our youngest son all the time. He wasn't, and isn't, but he is very sensitive and different..............not all men are the macho types. Why label someone? No one implies Ruben is gay!! But, he is just as likely to be as Clay.

By the way, Ryan Secrest isn't gay either.

As to the show, it's going the way I thought it would. Looks to me like Ruben will win, but Clay will for sure have a career in singing. He is just great.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Would u belive this is my first time to watch the show? I have resisted , but finally watched.

I liked Clay, his first song was best, and well he didn't do much with "grease". He could have saved the hip movements in Grease-simon was right, it was terrible.I would like him to win, he is very good.

Rueben is good, but has no expression on his face at all. WHY ARE THE AUDIENCES BOOHING HIM?

Kimberely has a nice voice but as Simon said, sweet and ordinary,. i found her boing. She is next to go.

Josh, well i like him, but his voice was not that great. I bet he can sing C/W , he not too polished.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Rueben is good, but has no expression on his face at all. WHY ARE THE AUDIENCES BOOHING HIM?

They are not booing him. They are chanting his name, which is "RUBEN."

I think Trenyce was robbed. She showed her ability by having the nerve to do Celine Dion and Whitney Houston songs, and do them well. Not many are capable of that.

However, I still find American Idol to be a farce. Anyone notice all 3 "Wild-Card" selections were pretty, skinny girls who satisfy the "eye-candy" requirement in order to garner ratings in the male demographic? I mean Carmen Raspoopsen? She was dreadful. She sounded like a bleating sheep every time she opened her mouth. She was completely incapable of holding one single note without pitch problems. Did anyone else notice that? She should never have made it past the initial auditions.

Then again the best singer does not always remain in the competition. Look at last season, the dreadful redhead was allowed to stay on when Tamyra Gray was voted off. What happened after Americon Idol? The redhead is no where to be found and Tamyra is cutting an album with Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and has a recurring role on Boston Public on FOX. This year Carmen Raspoopsen was allowed to be in the Top 12 when there were a large number of people who were better singers than she.

In all actuality if I was one of the contestants at this stage (Top 5) I would almost want to be voted off. The winner is forced into doing albums and films with the Americon Idol label whereas the others already have enough public image that they are recognized and get contracts to go into other things and be more diversified. All remaining contestants at this juncture in the competition will get contract offers elsewhere based on talent. The caliber of SINGING is so much better this year than last.

Just my 2c for now.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dear Mulan

That is just a mean thing to imply. Just because a man is artistic and sensitive and slightly built, does not make him gay. People used to think that of our youngest son all the time. He wasn't, and isn't, but he is very sensitive and different..............not all men are the macho types. Why label someone? No one implies Ruben is gay!! But, he is just as likely to be as Clay.

I'm a gay man; many of my friends are gay; I have many straight friends: all of us have said the same thing about Clay...it's not mean...how many people do we meet and we think, straight or that's one's gay...

In the year 2003, describing or hinting at homosexuality is not a negative...It's like something inate.

I've got gaydar...sorry...even my Witness mother said, "I think that one is one of you's..." Mother's not being mean...It's just the way it is...

Did you see when Simon criticized Clay's dance move/disco...I thought we were going to see some bitch/slapping...

So no offense meant Mulan, "I am what I am..."

• sandy
    sandy
    In all actuality if I was one of the contestants at this stage (Top 5) I would almost want to be voted off. The winner is forced into doing albums and films with the Americon Idol label whereas the others already have enough public image that they are recognized and get contracts to go into other things and be more diversified.

I agree with you 100% Reborn. Kelly Clarkson from last year's show had or may still have the #1 album but it is only because of her American Idol status. Those who lose on the show have a far better chance than the winner to go further with their careers. The "losers" will be taken more serious then the AI. Many of the old Star Search winners who lost on the show have successful careers now.

Example: Britney Spears, I know there are many more but my mind just drew a blank.

I didn't buy Kelly Clarkson's CD. I do not think she is that great nor the is the music she released. But then again I hate most of the last 5 years or so of pop music.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I agree Sandy and Reborn..

Laryn Hill was BOOED on STAR SEARCH years ago as a young child ...then she went on to win 5 grammys as an adult...sometimes negatives can make someone work that much harder...and just because Clay or whoever wins American Idol doesn't mean squat to me...Remember Frenchy who was booted off for topless internet photos...I thought she was out of this world amazing...

It's all relative and subjective...

• sandy
    sandy

Sorry Mulan I have to agree with Morris on this one. Clay is Gay. He is just itching to "come out". LOL

I'm a "fag hag" believe me I know. I seem to attract gay male friends even on the Internet. LOL

Yes there are some guys that are a little sensitive and maybe a little on the feminine side but are not gay. I believe that.

But I will bet a million bucks Clay is Gay weather he knows it or not. I hope I have not offended you or anyone else. It seems the younger generations are a little more open in their conversations about homosexuals. I am able to joke with my gay friends all the time just as they are with me about me being heterosexual.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

It doesn't really matter if Clay is gay or not, but everyone I know thinks he is. And Jim Verranos (something like that - top 10, first American Idol, eliminated early) has just come out of the closet. Every reality show has to have a gay guy, so Clay is it. He has a wonderful voice and style in such a unique way. I think Kimberly has gotten so much better, and she has lost weight since her first time on AI. Not that weight matters, because I think she's a great singer.

Speaking of that "dreadful redhead" or whatever her hair color is, she's back in Texas running her karaoke company and hasn't had the success of some of the others. Simon pretty much couldn't stand her, making comments about the some of the top 3 last time and how bad they were. Well he was talking about Nikki McKibbin.

My hope is that Ruben will win. I think he's awesome and sing pretty much anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit