Joel Osteen's Church is a Cult too ??

by ShirleyW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It's being said all over social media that Joel Osteen hasn't opened his Mega Church for refuge during the storm, pictures are showing this area is not flooded. I made a few comments myself saying that the JWs only help their own in time of need but this God fearing man isn't helping anyone.

Just what religion is he and his followers, I guess it's one of those non-denomination churches that collect a shitload of bucks to him and wife so he can afford the glamorous life, nothing new of course, I thought he was just a bit different than the others, fooled me.

• Cherylanne725
    Cherylanne725

What I understood from researching this question is that his church has been flooded also.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

people have shown pics from this afternoon and the church vicinity is accessible

• LV101
    LV101

Lakewood Church is downtown Houston - the old arena for the Houston Rockets, right?

I heard them mention the old basketball place when showing Houston -- it could be flooded and not habitable. Too bad because it's probably a huge facility.

• Cherylanne725
    Cherylanne725

Water levels were different yesterday and today. Snipes shows it unproven and has pictures from yesterday showing flooding

http://www.snopes.com/is-osteens-megachurch-affected/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

• LV101
    LV101

Maybe I missed something but still don't know if it was flooded inside. The streets look ok today (like indicated) and I can't imagine a huge facility not helping out - lots of water outside in the pictures on one side. Maybe it's inside also and safety factors have not yet been determined.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Osteen church is all about making money and helping no one. In his defense, such that it is, he really stops short in making any claims. He never says he hears from God or that he heals anyone. He never makes prophecies or really even preaches Christ. He'll toss Jesus' name in once in awhile, but he's very careful not to include himself in the "body of Christ" or make any claims that might get him in trouble should he have to answer for it later. I'm not sure he even has to ask for money; people seem to just give it to him. He has his own jet and then there are the books. I'm sure if public pressure persists, they'll open the sanctuary.

• LV101
    LV101

I think Osteen is more of a motivational speaker and not too preachy. Probably why he's so popular. I know non-religious people who haven't stepped inside a church in 40-50 yrs. that love listening to him. He's positive and upbeat - or seemed that way last I listened to him - 5 yrs. ago or so.

His brother, a surgeon, is part of the traveling med team that goes into very distressed, emergency, areas.

His church might be all about making money but that's not unique. He does have a charity or more than one because I've seen the emails my friend sent me. His church is very involved helping others with no membership requirements unlike the Mormans and JWs.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    , I thought he was just a bit different than the others, fooled

Are you serious? His talking style sounds so phoney and wooden. He speaks without pausing, always at the same pace, never stops for any dramatic effect. Its like one long, rehearsed monologue. Is contrived and lacking any real sincerity.

Easily the worst and most one-dimensional, wooden, tv evangelist I've seen.

• LV101
    LV101

fukitol - that's probably true. I haven't listened to him nor have any desire to for long time but "wooden"? That's hilarious!

There's no end to hurting people so he has a huge audience. He must make them feel better. I can't stand listening to any of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit