Do You Tend To Give People The Benefit of the Doubt Or Do You Mostly Judge?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

By nature, are you a person that typically makes a judgment on your gut feeling or do you feel that you don't have all the facts to judge against someone?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Why do you ask? I think you're up to no good!!

(I tend to trust people, unless there's good reason not to. I get fewer ulcers that way, and I'm usually right.)

• minimus
    minimus

I've always tried to give the benefit of the doubt to people and not quickly judge what I don't know, their motives. But my 1st inclination is to make an assessment of a person and act accordingly. Usually, I am a good judge of character.

• JH
    JH

We all judge to a certain extent, and it's normal, since we are human.

But, I always give the benefit of the doublt, but after a while, I get to know those who deserve the benefit of the doubt.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that first impressions are many times accurate, though not always so.

I do enjoy people, so I tend to give everyone benefit of doubt unless they prove to me otherwise.

• one
    one

On most hurting, controversial, fraud situations I give the benefit of the doubt, but i should change actitude, for decades evidence later available have proven the suspected but rejected (hunch?) "feeling" to be the right one.

It is more in line with practice, that they are guilty untl proven otherwise rahter than the other way around. For personal consumtion there is no need for the rule "behind any reasonable doubt".

WT has been a classical exambple.

• amac
    amac

One thing I learned from realizing the truth about being a JW is that nothing is as it seems (to me at least.) So I tend to judge people, but then usually remind myself that I very well may be wrong and try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• minimus
    minimus

I think it doesn't hurt to give some posters the benefit of the doubt rather than assume we know that they are trolls or troublemakers. If a poster proves that he or she is a troll or troublemaker, then, I would 'shun" such a one.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and hold off the judging part until I find someone who agrees with me.

***** Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

If we instinctivly don't like someone, it's easy to judge a person in a negative way.. It's easy to form opinions of people on this board and never even really know them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit