Overlapping Transactions

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

This afternoon, I had a vision. One of the past, present and future.

Over the past two decades, I recall one distinct, universal phrase being uttered by older Jehovah's Witnesses on MANY different occasions:

"I never thought I'd grow old in this system of things."

Now, they may say it to be bittersweet, but to hear it THAT many times by folks approaching the grave is not just uncanny.

It's f*cking dark.

Watchtower's century-long scam has gone on for far too long. Save the future generations.

Please feel free to use/repost or even covertly show a loved one in an attempt of planting a seed.

Peace out,

WHAM!

• blownaway
    blownaway

The more it fails the more they cling to it.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

A very nice way of putting it Wake me up

My dad said the same thing and he is now dead, mum is still going but I will bet she is saying the same thing

"I never thought I'd grow old in this system of things."

Heck I was never meant to finish school LOL now I am 62

@MightyV8 It's just eerie that we ALL know Jehovah's Witnesses who say these words! It's hardly a commercial for their religion?!

@blownaway It's unfortunate, isn't it? In my mind, I see these failed prophecies to Witnesses as this vague (almost mythical) non-issue. By lining up the pictures so closely together (the first woman is Maria Russell and the last child is the Awake! April '15 coverboy), it suddenly becomes very real. Very tangible. Very inescapable.

• humbled
    humbled

https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/loving-memory-laura-ann-gracey-father-remembers/

wake me—l am simply reposting a link you put up months ago. The heart break of shunning is killing.

The time to reach out is now... not in the New System.

Thanks for your amazing bravery and kindness.

Maeve

@humbled Wow. You remembered. I just reread that link and my eyes misted over. The correlation between unsolicited elder interventions and Jehovah's Witness suicides is something that should absolutely be measured. The psychology behind them being guided by Holy Spirit and thereby executing "divinely backed" judgement against the believing party is disastrous.

In my late teens, unbeknownst to me at the time, the body of elders had a vendetta against my parents. I bore the brunt of it as a suddenly defrocked Regular Pioneer. I remember the venom, the raised voices, the unfounded accusations as though it all happened yesterday. And that was a decade ago. The ramifications saw me admitted into the ER for trying to end it all. My clinical depression was born and I lived on thinking to myself each medicated day, "if the elders think such vile and cruel things of me, then obviously that's how Jehovah sees me." From that standpoint, what was the point of going on?

RIP Laura Ann Gracey - Jan 11, 2010, aged 37.

• humbled
    humbled

https://youtu.be/OV5_LQArLa0

Earthy yet incredibly durable: Love outside religion.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My mom apologized to me one day out of the blue. "Sorry" she said. I said what for? "You've grown old"

Even tho she recognized that what the WT said about children my age not graduating school, having to get a job or growing old had failed, it didn't change her thinking about the religion. She's in her eighties and having to contemplate death now. She won't change because she would have to face the non existence of paradise and the end of her life long dream.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It is almost impossible to reason with a JDub about the end being just around the corner. The Borg has been saying the end is near for 130 years. Three generations of JDubs who thought they would not die are dead and the current believers will also die.

My mom said 60 years ago that I would not finish high school because the end was so close. When she died 5 years ago we talked about what she told me about high school and she chimed in just like a true die-hard JW, "Well just think how much closer we are today compared to then."

• Moster
    Moster

Mom n Dad never saved for retirement (not that they had much), but they did say to me "we just never thought we would need to, we never thought we would still be here".

Makes me cry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit