Should Hand Held Cellphones Be Banned While Driving?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many states do not even allow you to hold your phone if you are driving. Do you think you should be fined hundreds of dollars for touching your phone while driving??

• minimus
    minimus

Should cell phones be BANNED while driving?!🤭

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

In my country(UK), there is a fine for using a handheld phone when driving. I don't know what happens in America.

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, among other things that contribute to distraction during driving that could be banned. Enforced is another matter.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Should Hand Held Cellphones Be Bannered While Driving?

First, driving whilst talking on your cell phone is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

I guess my impression is that it's a bit harsh to fine drivers hundreds of dollars but it makes absolute sense and will hopefully save some lives.

If I lived in a state that banned drivers holding cellphones I'd have no problem obeying this law. Safety first.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, a law is not necessary to apply good sense in a matter.

• LV101
    LV101

YES!

• stillin
    stillin

Maybe hamburgers too!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm on the fence about talking on a phone. It is still legal here in Florida and yes, I do it in one of my vehicles that does not have Bluetooth.

But I think texting is the real problem since you have to take your eyes off the road to do it.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Rub I’m with you. Pretty soon they could easily be a law saying that if you eat a McDonald’s hamburger on the run or sip a Coke or talk to your children who are causing a commotion in the car that you can be fined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit