"508 Million Year Old" Exceptionally Preserved Embryos Found

by Perry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    another fail from Perry and another one he's got wrong on biblical prophecies unfolding as well FFS, his credibility cant go any lower
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Perry - "Why didn't anyone comment on the fact that the published article stated specifically that it was preserved embryos?"

Because fossilized embryos - no matter how well preserved - are still fossils...

...i.e. petrified (turned to stone) and therefore really, really, really, really, really old, simply because in the vast majority of cases, the fossilization process takes such a ridiculously long time.

If they were recent, they wouldn't have been fossilized.

x

Besides, how well the fossils have been preserved has far more to do with environmental factors (not to mention blind luck) than it does their age.

And the article certainly never implied that the embryos' tissues and/or genetic material were preserved..

• sir82
    sir82
    I think we've heard the last of Perry on this thread, as he as likely realized his colossal error and is now slinking off to lick his wounded pride.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Credit where credit's due, though.

Perry keeps on a-tryin', despite the fact that he hasn't converted a single person... :smirk:

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    if anything Vidiot anyone with a braincell wouldn't go near a church after seeing these posts, completely not the desired effect.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

I've often said that - similarly - vocal JW loyalists on the net do far more to hurt their cause than help it. :smirk:

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@Perry

“New, exceptionally preserved specimens of the weakly sclerotized arthropod Waptia fieldensis from the middle Cambrian (ca. 508 million years ago) Burgess Shale, Canada, provide the oldest example of in situ eggs with preserved embryos in the fossil record,” the researchers wrote in a report published earlier this month in the journal “Current Biology.”

Great post again Perry. I found the article very interesting. Yet more evidence in support of evolution, basically science is charting the steady transition from less involved parenting styles to brooding behaviours in arthropods.

This new study looks at some fossilized eggs found in Waptia fieldensis, a smaller clutch size and larger eggs suggests a higher investment in brood care; this is then compared to other arthropods in the Cambrian which demonstrates the development in behaviour and the possible requirement for evolutionary development of the carapace.

I am not sure as to your point in the OP? Are you attempting to suggest that the study as uncovered 'viable' embryos? Are you attempting to suggest that the fossilization of small delicate objects such as 'eggs' is impossible?

It seems to me you have missed the point of the article altogether. Have you disregarded the science in the paper entirely?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Is Perry ok? He hasn't responded yet...I hope he is ok...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If there was video similar to Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault, and being embarrassed on live television that it's empty, I might give some high fives to the people who opened up this "fossil" and dipped a stick or dry fountain pen directly into the fossil in order to draw from it.

But that isn't what happened. I am confident that the terms are exaggerated and that the dark pigment used to draw was derived from grinding the dry dark fossil that would have developed from the "ink" and putting it into a new vehicle- some kind of oil.

Perry, I actually worked in a printing ink factory as a lab technician. Anything ground up can be used for color. Black was typically derived from soot in the past.

And considering Perry's sources, I also have no doubt that most things in his articles are misquoted or exaggerated or directly lied about to bolster a creationist agenda and ignore real science.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I have just got in from work, and read Perry's OP - I almost shat myself I laughed so hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit