United Nations

by Sergey Antonov 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My dad had to quit a good paying job for a aerospace company because they had military contracts. No only was the WT part of the UN but went as far as publishing 4 magazines saying positive things about the UN.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    No Apologies - "Pull out any Awake! Bound volume from 1992-2001 and you can easily find articles that are basically PR pieces for the UN, with no mention of the UN being the wild beast or image of the wild beast..."

I distinctly remember that.

At first, I thought it was really frigging weird, considering.

Then I thought maybe the Org was subtly reinterpreting its eschatology, because frankly, even as far back as the 90s, it was getting harder and harder to visualize the UN as an evil cabal of hostile anti-religionists bent on fascist world domination.

But no, they reissued the Revelation Climax for the weekly book study a few years later (presumably after the Guardian broke the NGO story), and everything went back to the way it was.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Diogenesister...

Well summarized.

Realizing that the Org had kind of painted themselves into a theological corner with all that stuff was one of my little wake-up moments, actually.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    He said that Witnesses are allowed to apply, for example, to courts or other organizations for help.When I told him that the organization is participating in the OSCE, he is said to be normal too.

Well then ask him if it's ok for a JW to be part of a government. If he says no, then ask him why? After all, JWs routinely ask local governments for help with a lot of things.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Ooh, but Talks at the Regional Assembly on the Sunday said the U.N is soooo disgusting and will be used by Jahoovah to veeeeery soon destroy all religions except the J.W's.

• johnamos
    johnamos

[12-15-12 WT - In a selfish and nationalistic world, it is refreshing to find individuals who can and do look beyond national borders. Granted, overcoming prejudices can be difficult. The founder of the television network CNN, Ted Turner, comments about his work with a number of talented individuals from various nations: “Meeting with these people was an incredible experience. I came to see those from other countries not as ‘foreigners,’ but as fellow citizens of the planet. I began to view the word ‘foreign’ as pejorative and created a rule within CNN that the word could not be used either on air or in conversation around the office. Instead, the word ‘international’ was to be used.”]

[Ted Turner - As a philanthropist, he is known for his $1 billion gift to support the United Nations, which created the United Nations Foundation, a public charity to broaden domestic support for the UN. Turner serves as Chairman of the United Nations Foundation board of directors.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRK0Lx8HVU0

• bamse
    bamse
    If it isn’t wrong to be a member of the UN, why did they then withdraw their membership in 2001?
  • EverApostate
    EverApostate
    If it isn’t wrong to be a member of the UN, why did they then withdraw their membership in 2001?

Yes, why did they withdraw. Also, they withdrew it hastily when they were Exposed by a UK Newspaper

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The UN being the beast

''Types and Anti types and the king of the north etc

Blood ban

144000 being a literal number

And, that old millstone around their necks....1914 and the generation.

They can't get rid of 1914 without loosing their authority but they need to loose its association with the generation. Problem is if they get rid of all that gumpf they are just another non-Trinitarian Christian sect. They loose authority and, importantly, urgency in the workforce''.

Actually these are all ''millstones'' around their necks. Getting rid of any of these ''millstones'' will great a great loss of credibility.

They do have a ''tiger by the tail'' in many ways.

• Sergey Antonov
    Sergey Antonov

Yes, why did they withdraw. Also, they withdrew it hastily when they were Exposed by a UK Newspaper

They say that they left the UN due to the fact that it was no longer necessary to take part in it. Allegedly it stumbled people. But in principle, they could not leave the UN. They also say that the rules have changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit