United Nations

by Sergey Antonov 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sergey Antonov
    Sergey Antonov

Hello, Recently, I talked with the Witness of the United States. "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the United Nations. As far as I understand, the organization had to fully accept the UN Charter and cooperate with the UN.The Jehovah's Witness replied to me that there is no contradiction in this.He said that Witnesses are allowed to apply, for example, to courts or other organizations for help.When I told him that the organization is participating in the OSCE, he is said to be normal too.He said that they are not affected. What is the same thing that every citizen in one way or another cooperates with the state.What can I answer him? Sorry for the bad english.

• freddo
    freddo

Well look how JW's describe the United Nations in their own literature ... (bold text added by me)

*** w89 5/15 pp. 5-6 Babylon the Great—Her Execution ***

How False Religion Will Perish

In highly symbolic language, the book of Revelation describes the destruction of Babylon the Great. At Revelation 17:16 we read: “The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.” “The ten horns” symbolize all the political powers now on the world scene and that support the United Nations, the “scarlet-colored wild beast,” itself the image of the Devil’s bloodstained political system.—Revelation 16:2; 17:3.

You might ask ... "Why would you want to join that?"
    Welcome by the way!
  • Sergey Antonov
    Sergey Antonov

My interlocutor meant that, for example, Jehovah's Witnesses, although they use courts, use the UN if the issue concerns refugees. But they allegedly do not participate in these organizations directly, but use them indirectly. Just like Paul (the apostle) used Roman citizenship. Here I am at a dead end. One Jehovah's Witness told me that the UN Charter is not so bad that it has noble goals. And that Jehovah's Witnesses never concealed that the UN would be destroyed.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The JW hierarchy will always try to claim "both sides of the fence" when their hypocritical statements & actions are exposed.

Using law courts to seek justice and reparation is a scripturally based provision for Christians, but openly associating with and affirming acceptance of the aims of the "wild beast's" political/military entities (the U.N. & O.S.C.E.) for whatever motives, says it all about the WTBTS's claim of being "the truth."

Note to the self-proclaimed "faithful slave" - Quit touching the unclean thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think deep down, the WT leadership knows that the UN isn't the eschatological supervillian ol' Freddy Franz became convinced of.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

This is what opened my eyes. They voluntarily signed up to support and promote the ideals and goals of the UN. And then they fulfilled their obligation!!!! Pull out any Awake! Bound volume from 1992-2001 and you can easily find articles that are basically PR pieces for the UN, with no mention of the UN being the wild beast or image of the wild beast that would soon turn on religion and then be destroyed by Jehover.

• TD
    TD

To the JW's, there is a big difference between appealing to a government for justice and saluting the flag of that government

NGO's are required to promote the U.N. and its ideas via their literature

Given the fact that JW's taught that the U.N. was the "image of the wild beast" a "counterfeit version of God's Kingdom" ridden by "Babylon the Great," etc., etc., etc., this was a huge act of hypocrisy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The people who run the WTS are corrupt devious hypocrites, they admonished its members to participate in worldly government institutions but when there is an organization like the UN that can be used to help their organization, then they join discreetly, thinking no one will know, well this time someone did know and exposed the WTS to its UN involvement.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just ask him what would have happened if, in the same era- the 90s - that the Org belonged to the UN, what would have happened to an ordinary publisher, a baptised witness, if they had applied for and started a job working for the UN??

Would that be OK? Could he work for the UN? Or could he join the Labour pArty for example ( a political party) in the UK because they have an excellent library in SE London he wanted to use?

If he's honest he will say that JW will likely be considered dissociated at best, but more likely disfellowshipped.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    think deep down, the WT leadership knows that the UN isn't the eschatological supervillian ol' Freddy Franz became convinced of.

This is the major problem Watchtower currently has, Its stuck with a lot of potty ideas that Freddie Franz and Judge Rutherford in the main, cooked up in their over-active imaginations - and Watchtower knows it.

The UN being the beast

Types and Anti types and the king of the north etc

Blood ban

144000 being a literal number

And, that old millstone around their necks....1914 and the generation.

They can't get rid of 1914 without loosing their authority but they need to loose its association with the generation. Problem is if they get rid of all that gumpf they are just another non-Trinitarian Christian sect. They loose authority and, importantly, urgency in the workforce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit