Did the Fall of the Berlin Wall fulfill Bible Prophecy ?

by Iamallcool 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    Any takers?
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I vote no.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Nothing is fulfilled in Bible prophecy. Plenty of room for fantasy though.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I took a monster crap on the toilet one day and I thought for sure that several prophecies were taking place.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Turn down a different side road. Maybe the foolishness of NOSTRADAMUS will satisfy your morbid curiosity for speculation and conjecture.

"The royal bird over the city of the sun

will give a nightly warning for seven months;

the wall in the East will fall, thunder and lightning,

in seven days the enemies directly to the gates." (V-81) Nostradamus

http://www.to-en.gr/Nostradamus/p03.01_en.htm

It's ALL bullshit.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am going to go with "yes". A resounding YES.

Of course it is fulfilled prophecy. That is how prophecy works. Write a story that has thematic human experiences in it that will inevitably happen over and over again in history and volia! The next time something happens that is similar...wow! it was known way back then!

...it is called being human. And it is also the function of myth - myth carries our human narratives within it, to be played out over time, throughout the course of human history...over and over and over again

Yup - the fall of the wall was prophetic. Fulfillment of prophecy. And so is everything that will happen tomorrow and the next day and the next. It all has happened before...the human cycle rarely changes much

Prophecy is just the ability to recognize past patterns and make analogies with present day events. That's all. Pattern recognition is part of our cognitive process as human beings

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible writings are a collection of facts and fiction ie the book of Revelation , the Creation account.

They are of course expected to be so given the historical time setting and how the ancients expressed what their gods were going to do for their select worshipers .

Let it also be accepted that the ancients had to endure the problems we today have to endure are selves and experience, such as death and illness, social problems, environmental problems earthquakes, etc..

• Island Man
    Island Man

I bet it's mentioned as minorly/partly fulfilling a prophecy (along with other things) somewhere in Watchtower's Pay Attention To Daniel's Prophecy book in their speculations about the details of the saga between the king of the north and the king of the south. If Watchtower is to be believed then just about every major political development of the 20th century has at least been a part fulfillment of something that Daniel wrote. Daniel is Watchtower's Nostradamus.

• Viviane
    Viviane

No, Bible prophecy is a myth.

• DJS
    DJS

Is it just me or has the site been taken over the fast few days by looney wackos? And I think I know the reason why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit